Photo

Bleacher Report?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Bleacher Report banned (18 member(s) have cast votes)

is it time to lift the ban on Bleacher Report?

1. YES (15 votes [83.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

2. NO (3 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote

#1 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,754 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 03:00 PM

At first it made sense to ban it because of allowing anyone to right for them leading to misinformation and clickbait. However now that they have cleaned up their act and have professional writers doing quality work for them it is time for the ban on Bleacher Report to be lifted.

#2 Nanker

Nanker

The Beer Was Cold!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,801 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 03:02 PM

I think this is a personal matter for Scott. You should probably PM him to get the skinny.

#3 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,754 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 03:04 PM

I think this is a personal matter for Scott. You should probably PM him to get the skinny.

personal agendas should not be the rule of the board.

#4 Nanker

Nanker

The Beer Was Cold!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,801 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 03:06 PM

Then take that up with Scott too. He OWNS the !@#$ing Board!

#5 Augie

Augie

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,173 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 03:20 PM

I wish I knew what you guys were talking about. Regardless, they used to be hot garbage but if they have a new level of quality and info (especially with the Ty Dunne move) I'm all for more good information.

#6 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,754 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 03:30 PM

Then take that up with Scott too. He OWNS the !@#$ing Board!

an open discussion is fine thank you

#7 Kemp2Warlick

Kemp2Warlick

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 03:40 PM

where is the " I don't care either way" option?

#8 Kirby Jackson

Kirby Jackson

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,491 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 03:41 PM

I don't think that many (if any) will vote no. They are pumping out really good content. Scott has a reason for it though; I don't know if this will change anything.

#9 NoSaint

NoSaint

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,238 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 04:13 PM

That will likewise be up to Scott. At least if you want to have the discussion here.

#10 Yoho

Yoho

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 04:55 PM

I think every month there should be a reminder that this board does not magically appear on the interweb but that someone has to run (and pay)  for the site.  It does not get appreciated nearly enough.

#11 Augie

Augie

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,173 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 07:23 PM

I think every month there should be a reminder that this board does not magically appear on the interweb but that someone has to run (and pay)  for the site.  It does not get appreciated nearly enough.

I appreciate it, but have no clue as to how it runs and survives. I'd love some insight if only from pure curiosity. Seriously.

Go Board!

My college hoops board has "supporting members". It's cheap, but apparently it's a big help to carry the site. Not required, but most of the serious posters are in. Is that an option here?

Edited by Augie, 23 July 2016 - 07:50 PM.

#12 John from Hemet

John from Hemet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,232 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 10:41 PM

Barb

It Scott does not want it....then thats it.

It doesnt need further discussion

Edited by John from Hemet, 23 July 2016 - 10:42 PM.

#13 Hapless Bills Fan

Hapless Bills Fan

mired in the swamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,276 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:23 AM

Barb

It Scott does not want it....then thats it.

It doesnt need further discussion

I guess I don't see this, John.  I think it's fine for folks to discuss like any other topic, with the understanding that ultimately it's Scott's board and thus his decision.

With one of my favorite sports writers Ty Dunne moving to BR and apparently improved overall quality, and with more and more good sites turning to that gawdawful click-bait slideshow format, if a majority here would like to see it, what's the harm in asking Scott hey, could you consider lifting this now?, understanding that if he says "no", it's his board and his right, The End.

Your agenda or my agenda, Right On.  Scott's agenda - it's his board that he supports technically and financially, so got to disagree here.  If Scott wanted the background to be pink, we'd all be typing against a pink background or taking it somewhere else, his right!

Edited by Hopeful, 24 July 2016 - 10:25 AM.

#14 Hammered a Lot

Hammered a Lot

World Class Poster with Laser Focus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:49 AM

If BR needs to be on TBD, perhaps they can buy space for their content.

#15 mead107

mead107

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,058 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 12:34 PM

Place runs good without it. Scott is the one that can do what he wants. It's because of Scott we have this wonderful place

#16 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,754 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:16 AM

I guess I don't see this, John.  I think it's fine for folks to discuss like any other topic, with the understanding that ultimately it's Scott's board and thus his decision.

With one of my favorite sports writers Ty Dunne moving to BR and apparently improved overall quality, and with more and more good sites turning to that gawdawful click-bait slideshow format, if a majority here would like to see it, what's the harm in asking Scott hey, could you consider lifting this now?, understanding that if he says "no", it's his board and his right, The End.

Your agenda or my agenda, Right On.  Scott's agenda - it's his board that he supports technically and financially, so got to disagree here.  If Scott wanted the background to be pink, we'd all be typing against a pink background or taking it somewhere else, his right!

it's his but I think he should give a reasonable explanation other than I said so .

BR has clearly changed and continuing to ban it  only hurts us from additional information. Sure we could go look it on our own but the same can be said for any other site. 

If BR needs to be on TBD, perhaps they can buy space for their content.

So your saying the other sites that we link to buy space for content?

Place runs good without it. Scott is the one that can do what he wants. It's because of Scott we have this wonderful place

and with out us their is no board either, dictatorship isn't the way to go but listening to request of the people will go along to keeping this site from going bad like the Bills main board did.

I'm not saying Scott is doing a bad job just that total power can lead to deteriation of the board.

#17 Niagara Bill

Niagara Bill

100% Canadian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:14 AM

There has been a substantial growth of professionals on this board and accepted on this board with open arms. Why is one blog different than others. I believe that all professionals should be openly declared.

At times I feel used and manipulated by professionals hiding behind their created names. Too many insiders that know each other leaving others on the outside.

I am sure this opinion will get me warning points

#18 Just Jack

Just Jack

Lifting things up and putting them down

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,243 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:57 AM

I'm not saying Scott is doing a bad job just that total power can lead to deteriation of the board.

He has had total power for almost 20 years, I don't think it's harmed the board in any way

#19 mead107

mead107

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,058 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:08 AM

Time to lock it.