Omar Sly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,032 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:26 PM

all the cool kids wear them now

https://pbs.twimg.co...AfIZ6.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.co...bpECMAALFlk.jpg

And trust me, E rocking that bucket is going to be very happy come a 88-degree day squeezed in with 65K of his closest friends...with o shade to be found! 

I be sporting my blue bucket...and long sleeve shirt...i ain't no dummy. Friggen opening games in the mid Atlantic are hot!!!!!

If you talking to me Willis, yes i am on Sunday! Only for those who come up  and say something nice about my bucket hat!

The wifey already nixed the bucket hat -- said "you're not sitting with me wearing that."  LOL

#42 Dr. Fong

Dr. Fong

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,247 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:28 PM

If you like seafood, try the Rusty Scupper. It's pricey but very good.

Or even better go a bit further and go to Nick's Fish House.

#43 Baltos best

Baltos best

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:58 AM

Now for the bad news...stay out of east & west Baltimore, which are both just blocks away from M&T. 22 shot this past weekend. Parts of Fells Point have become "enter at your own risk" on Friday & Saturday nights. The city is still polarized from last Springs riot.

Great advice on Shirley's, the Skupper, Max's, Little Italy, Canton Square & Chaps. Last word of caution, a segment of Ravens fans are brutal to visiting fans, large doses of common sense will make your visit enjoyable.

BTW, as my user name implies,yes I am & have been for 32 years since leaving Buffalo.

#44 Estro

Estro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:39 AM

Buy yourself this and get it overnighted...i am not kidding! You will thank me later.

http://shop.neweraca...Bucket/20839833

Have a great pair of Sunglasses, wear plenty of sunscreen, and if you have a really comfortable , non-cotton, loose fitting long sleeve shirt to keep the sun off...wear it!

Does this mean the Bills side will be in direct sun?  I was actually wondering about that.  I'm going and haven't purchased tickets.  Want to sit on Bills side, but I despise staring into the sun for 3 hours.

#45 BuffaloWings

BuffaloWings

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:54 AM

I think the real question is where will Pinto Kenny be tailgating?

#46 plenzmd1

plenzmd1

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,706 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:13 AM

Does this mean the Bills side will be in direct sun?  I was actually wondering about that.  I'm going and haven't purchased tickets.  Want to sit on Bills side, but I despise staring into the sun for 3 hours.

Yes...although this time of year everyone in the sun. This was post for a mid ocOctoberame i think.

from a Ravens message baord

The Ravens sideline goes to shade . The visitors sideline has to deal with blaring sun.

so you want to avoid sections x37 through x50 and then also avoid say x01 through x06.

I'm in 509 and the sun is only bad late in the day as it's setting to the west. It's actually welcome late in the season during the first 3.5 quarters as it keeps us a lot warmer than the shaded parts. 

The wifey already nixed the bucket hat -- said "you're not sitting with me wearing that."  LOL

cmon dude!!! I will be wearing mine...just break it out at the tailgate (assuming yu going to the one RRich is organising) and you will have a comrade in arms!!!

I am serious..if you have it, I would bring it as you will want to get out of the sun as much as you can.

Edited by plenzmd1, 07 September 2016 - 06:10 AM.

#47 SDS

SDS

What price for a cobra's egg?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,102 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:33 AM

If you look at a map that guys advice doesn't make sense. The game is from 1-4pm. I would say the Bills sideline (north side of stadium) and wrapping around the right/east side will have brutal sun.

I'm in section 139 on the west side and the sun will be at my back, yet he says to avoid that section. Head scratcher.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.png

#48 WickedGame

WickedGame

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:37 AM

I have a spare ticket if anybody's still looking. Bought four for a guys weekend with my dad and brothers, but one brother can't make it. End zone corner, row 12, Bills side. Fair price to a Bills fan, double the price for a Ravens fan ;) PM for details.

Mods: My apologies if this isn't the place to post this. Smack me once or twice upside the head.

#49 LeviF91

LeviF91

Uh huh, alright.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,472 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:37 AM

If you look at a map that guys advice doesn't make sense. The game is from 1-4pm. I would say the Bills sideline (north side of stadium) and wrapping around the right/east side will have brutal sun.

I'm in section 139 on the west side and the sun will be at my back, yet he says to avoid that section. Head scratcher.

Maybe he got a bad sunburn on the back of his neck once.  But yeah looking at the seating diagram on the Ravens' website it looks like that -01 through -13 or so will have it the worst.

Edited by LeviF91, 07 September 2016 - 07:38 AM.

#50 Ryan L Billz

Ryan L Billz

Truth-Bisky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,893 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:43 AM

I have a spare ticket if anybody's still looking. Bought four for a guys weekend with my dad and brothers, but one brother can't make it. End zone corner, row 12, Bills side. Fair price to a Bills fan, double the price for a Ravens fan ;) PM for details.
Mods: My apologies if this isn't the place to post this. Smack me once or twice upside the head.

I need two. How much for the one? Maybe leave the lady at home

#51 plenzmd1

plenzmd1

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,706 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:01 AM

gotcha..i have read that essentially Ravens side is shaded, visitor in sun. But i think at this time of year, the whole stadium will be in sun

#52 SDS

SDS

What price for a cobra's egg?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,102 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:05 AM

gotcha..i have read that essentially Ravens side is shaded, visitor in sun. But i think at this time of year, the whole stadium will be in sun

That's probably true, but the east side will have sun in their faces, which is an added issue.

#53 eball

eball

Omar Sly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,032 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:12 AM

cmon dude!!! I will be wearing mine...just break it out at the tailgate (assuming yu going to the one RRich is organising) and you will have a comrade in arms!!!

I am serious..if you have it, I would bring it as you will want to get out of the sun as much as you can.

Nah, I'll sunscreen up pretty thoroughly and rock a traditional cap to protect my noggin.

Don't envision us going to a Bills tailgate since we're with Ravens fans and it's their city.  Might do one of those "bottomless brunches" I hear about.

#54 Billschinatown

Billschinatown

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:27 AM

Anyone sitting in section 138 at ravens stadium?

I'm starting to regret not sitting with the big Baltimore backers contingent in the nose bleeds.

I still have some PTSD from the redskins fans lol. I wouldn't care if my wife wasn't coming with me

Edited by Billschinatown, 07 September 2016 - 08:39 AM.

#55 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

See Bufffalo-inspired art at www.inkwellstudios.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,608 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:39 AM

Now for the bad news...stay out of east & west Baltimore, which are both just blocks away from M&T.
22 shot this past weekend. Parts of Fells Point have become "enter at your own risk" on Friday & Saturday nights. The city is still polarized from last Springs riot.

Great advice on Shirley's, the Skupper, Max's, Little Italy, Canton Square & Chaps. Last word of caution, a segment of Ravens fans are brutal to visiting fans, large doses of common sense will make your visit enjoyable.

BTW, as my user name implies,yes I am & have been for 32 years since leaving Buffalo.

No change since I lived there. There is a wide strip of Baltimore from Federal Hill south to the Mount Washington neighborhood and all the way to Towson north which is nice. Go east or west off that strip and you are in the badlands.

#56 plenzmd1

plenzmd1

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,706 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 09:08 AM

Nah, I'll sunscreen up pretty thoroughly and rock a traditional cap to protect my noggin.

Don't envision us going to a Bills tailgate since we're with Ravens fans and it's their city.  Might do one of those "bottomless brunches" I hear about.

I will be in mine! Y'all should come by the Sliders place pregame. Bout a 10 minute walk from the stadium, we will be there from 10;45 0r so till about noon.

Anyone sitting in section 138 at ravens stadium?

I'm starting to regret not sitting with the big Baltimore backers contingent in the nose bleeds.

I still have some PTSD from the redskins fans lol. I wouldn't care if my wife wasn't coming with me

#57 Billschinatown

Billschinatown

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 09:39 AM

I will be in mine! Y'all should come by the Sliders place pregame. Bout a 10 minute walk from the stadium, we will be there from 10;45 0r so till about noon.

So lower bowl also. How bad are ravens fans? I live here too but never been to an actual game. Redskins fans were bad lol.

#58 stevestojan

stevestojan

Maybe NEXT year.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,249 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 09:47 AM

Hilton Baltimore.

#59 Jerry Christ

Jerry Christ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 11:52 AM

I should have planned to come to this game.

#60 Mr. Negative

Mr. Negative

The Chosen One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:40 PM

I just stayed in a air BNB right above the strip clubs.

Edited by Mr. Negative, 07 September 2016 - 12:40 PM.