2 replies to this topic

#1 Limeaid

Limeaid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 07:57 AM

I do not know if you are as annoyed as I am but I will sometimes get 3 or 4 calls from different numbers (always numbers which have never shown up before since I block them) from this scammer. I am the wrong target for the scam since I have no credit card debt but it is just plain annoying that even when you can get thru to talk to someone they will not take you off their list.

Heather from card services gets slapped by FTC

http://www.startribu...-ftc/168839436/

In a statement after Adams' sentencing in February, United States Postal Inspector in Charge Keith Morris said, “These aggressive telemarketers were criminals hiding behind a phone, and their key sales pitch was aimed at people who were already having financial problems. Our Postal Inspectors tracked them down, and the detailed evidence we gathered helped to hang up their phones, once and for all.”

Sorry no I am still getting calls; send more of them to jail.

#2 ExiledInIllinois

ExiledInIllinois

Making It Flow Backwards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,729 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 03:05 PM

I update our do not call list... Been over a decade all our phones are on it... I make sure we are current.

Anyway... I have noticed recently in last year or so... Some non-charity stuff is slipping through. Charity and other orgs I guess are exempt. What's up with the new telemarketer push?

Oh... Did same for elderly inlaws... They get barraged w/calls... I go to do not call list and their # has been on it since almost a decade too!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois, 03 October 2016 - 03:06 PM.

#3 KD in CA

KD in CA

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,361 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 07:42 PM

I update our do not call list... Been over a decade all our phones are on it... I make sure we are current.

Anyway... I have noticed recently in last year or so... Some non-charity stuff is slipping through. Charity and other orgs I guess are exempt. What's up with the new telemarketer push?

Oh... Did same for elderly inlaws... They get barraged w/calls... I go to do not call list and their # has been on it since almost a decade too!

They finally upped their campaign "contributions" to a level that allows them to ignore the law.

Lather, rinse, repeat.