Photo

Week 5 Advice

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Matt in KC

Matt in KC

I'm a fractal of the man I used to be...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 11:52 AM

Pick 5 (2RB, 2 WR, Flex)   .5 PPR

D. Johnson (@SF) 

L. McCoy (@LA)

F. Gore (vs CHI)

M. Jones (vs PHI)

K. Benjamin (vs TB)

B. Marshall (@PIT)

QB (Pick 1)

Matt Ryan (@DEN)

J. Flacco (vs WAS)

TE / Roster Question

I have M. Bennett playing for T. Kelce (bye)

On my bench I have W. Smallwood (RB PHI) and T. Williams (WR SD); K Dixon (RB BAL) on IR

Someone just dropped Zach Miller (TE CHI)

My opponent at TE has J. Graham and J. Thomas, both on bye this week

Q: Should I pick up Zach Miller to block him?  If so, drop who?

#2 What a Tuel

What a Tuel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,981 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 01:32 PM

David Johnson

Frank Gore

Kelvin Benjamin

LeSean McCoy

Marvin Jones

You have an excellent team. All of those players perform consistently each week except Marshall. I'd play those 5 over him until he proves he will score 10+ each week.

Then again, if Pittsburgh runs up the score, you may get a lot of garbage time. Who knows.

Joe Flacco. Statistically speaking, Matt Ryan has to come down from his high, and it is only logical for it to be against a dominating denver d.

I wouldn't bother blocking him but if you really want to then drop Smallwood. Mathews is supposed to play Sunday.

Edited by What a Tuel, 05 October 2016 - 01:32 PM.

#3 Matt in KC

Matt in KC

I'm a fractal of the man I used to be...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 01:45 PM

David Johnson

Frank Gore

Kelvin Benjamin

LeSean McCoy

Marvin Jones

You have an excellent team. All of those players perform consistently each week except Marshall. I'd play those 5 over him until he proves he will score 10+ each week.

Then again, if Pittsburgh runs up the score, you may get a lot of garbage time. Who knows.

Joe Flacco. Statistically speaking, Matt Ryan has to come down from his high, and it is only logical for it to be against a dominating denver d.

I wouldn't bother blocking him but if you really want to then drop Smallwood. Mathews is supposed to play Sunday.

Thanks for the feedback.

I am torn between sitting Gore and Marshall (or do I sit Benjamin if Newton doesn't play. . . ?).  Gore has been doing well, but I am tempted by all of Marshall's targets (8-12 each game!) and the .5 PPR.  Pittsburgh at home is going to be tough, but I don't know if that means they go pass-heavy for 3 quarters, and with Decker out, does that mean 15+ targets for Marshall?

Right now I have Flacco as my starter, but I keep wondering if I am crazy.  Last week I sat Ryan (vs CAR) for Flacco and left an additional 15 points on my bench.  

I have Denver as my defense and my opponent has Julio Jones, so that is actually pulling my wishes toward a Denver win at home, even though that shouldn't have anything to do with my decision....

#4 What a Tuel

What a Tuel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,981 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 01:56 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

I am torn between sitting Gore and Marshall (or do I sit Benjamin if Newton doesn't play. . . ?).  Gore has been doing well, but I am tempted by all of Marshall's targets (8-12 each game!) and the .5 PPR.  Pittsburgh at home is going to be tough, but I don't know if that means they go pass-heavy for 3 quarters, and with Decker out, does that mean 15+ targets for Marshall?

Right now I have Flacco as my starter, but I keep wondering if I am crazy.  Last week I sat Ryan (vs CAR) for Flacco and left an additional 15 points on my bench.  

I have Denver as my defense and my opponent has Julio Jones, so that is actually pulling my wishes toward a Denver win at home, even though that shouldn't have anything to do with my decision....

Yeah, I was a Gore naysayer for the first 4 games, but he is showing he still has it. This recent one against Jacksonville that I got to watch Sun morning, pushed me over to his side. He still runs with a bit of power.

You make good points about Benjamin and Cam Newton. That might be a good idea if Cam is out.

Marshall didn't get the extra targets last week, but maybe he could this week. I'm not sure. It is certainly tough to sit him.

I think of division games as wildcards. Nothing ever makes sense in those games. Cam Newton should've torn up a poor Falcons defense, and Matt Ryan should have struggled or done average against the Panthers D.

I think a non-division game against a tough defense will make him come back to earth. With that said, I am stuck playing him because Bortles is on bye, so I am hoping for the best.

Just my 2 cents though. I am about 9-7 in all of my leagues combined, so what do I know.