161 replies to this topic

#161 BmoreBills

BmoreBills

Team Kelly, United

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:26 PM

This thread is crazy.  It blows my mind that people judge this organization based on how they talk to the press....especially the Buffalo press, 90% of whom openly try to twist every single sentence into some conspiracy theory and tear down everything in sight.  Christ, this team hasn't made the playoffs in 17 friggin years and it's the press conferences that get everyone in an uproar!!!

JW, I appreciate your attention to detail in your reporting.  Your question yesterday about Laycock was perfect and gave me more insight into who SM is as a man than I could have expected going into that press conference.  I have no history in writing or journalism, so my opinion probably doesn't stack up, but I will always make a point to read your stuff as soon as I see that it's out there (as opposed to intentionally avoiding others').  

That said, while it may be naive to not understand how the press can sway public opinion, to stick up for the bullying ways of modern media is reprehensible, and especially so from someone like you who seems, at least from the outside, to have more traditional journalistic values.

People like Sullivan and trash like the sports reporting of TBN should be ridiculed by the rest of the media, not supported and defended as doing their jobs.  Listening to these press conferences and their tabloid "tough" questions is embarrassing and uncomfortable.  There's absolutely no reason for anyone in the Buffalo Bills organization to feel comfortable releasing ANY information other than from fear of being dragged through the mud by butt hurt columnists and then having those opinions picked up as fact by national media who are too lazy to do any actual fact checking into the stories.

Yeah, I can't really blame Whaley if he despises the press.  What reason is there for him to feel otherwise?  Standing there in front of a group of people who are there for nothing more than to make you look as bad as possible in order to get a few more views for the ads on their webpage?  I'd probably be nervous and come across like an !@#$ too.

That's cool, blame the press for the Bills's failures as an organization and give a free pass to Pegula, Whaley and Brandon. Their track record is ABYSMAL. That is why there are so many negative articles out of Buffalo, and rightfully so.

17 YEARS OF FUTILITY and EMBARRASSMENT "can sway public opinion" in case you haven't noticed. ZERO accountability for the Big Three who sit atop the Bills heirarchy, and you seem to be OK with that because it's the big bad media who is the problem? Our record over the last decade has so many facts you can check... brutal facts.

GIVE ME a BREAK.

Edited by BmoreBills, 14 January 2017 - 09:27 PM.

#162 Acantha

Acantha

Shepherd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,225 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:29 PM

That's cool, blame the press for the Bills's failures as an organization and give a free pass to Pegula, Whaley and Brandon. Their track record is ABYSMAL. That is why there are so many negative articles out of Buffalo, and rightfully so.

17 YEARS OF FUTILITY and EMBARRASSMENT "can sway public opinion" in case you haven't noticed. ZERO accountability for the Big Three who sit atop the Bills heirarchy, and you seem to be OK with that because it's the big bad media who is the problem? Our record over the last decade has so many facts you can check... brutal facts.

GIVE ME a BREAK.

Your response has almost nothing to do with what I wrote.