1669 replies to this topic

#1581 34-78-83

34-78-83

Bills fan and football junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,038 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:34 PM

Go outside.  Take a football.   And try to chuck it as hard as you can - not just hard - but as hard as you possibly can.   See how accurate you are.

Do the same thing with a golf club and golf ball.  See how straight you hit it.

Report back.

a long retired David Carr (taking turns with Mahomes) did it with ease - hit the receiver in the hands every time and was only 2 to 4 mph slower than Mahomes on most of the throws. Again, I don't want to make it seem like I don't like the kid a bit because I do... Just not a rd1 guy. Mitch T has the accuracy that Mahomes lacks, but then Mitch is a one year player so... we'll see. I don't like any of the Qb's for rd 1, but especially at #10

#1582 jeffismagic

jeffismagic

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:47 AM

a long retired David Carr (taking turns with Mahomes) did it with ease - hit the receiver in the hands every time and was only 2 to 4 mph slower than Mahomes on most of the throws. Again, I don't want to make it seem like I don't like the kid a bit because I do... Just not a rd1 guy. Mitch T has the accuracy that Mahomes lacks, but then Mitch is a one year player so... we'll see. I don't like any of the Qb's for rd 1, but especially at #10

It sounds like you had a preconceived notion if you are judging QB accuracy when he had just thrown 58 mph and wanted to get over 60 mph.

The fact that you think 4 mph is similar also betrays you don't understand what you are watching. The difference between 55 mph and 50 is worlds apart.

#1583 PolishDave

PolishDave

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:57 AM

Fair post.

I haven't seen the lack of accuracy from him so much.   But I definitely have NOT seen all of his work.   Your intuition could be pointing you in the right direction.    We will know within a few years I think.

I think we are at the same point.   Almost everyone is afraid of spending a big pick on a guy - just to have him not be good enough.  Because then you leave a hole on your team that you could have filled somewhat confidently- especially with pick #10.   :beer:

That's why I am pretty much okay with whatever they do at quarterback - as long as they end up being right about it.    They really need to get it right.   That is the most important thing.   They need to accurately identify talent and whether a guy is going to succeed in the NFL.   I know it is the hardest thing to do.   But I don't want to rely on luck. 

Edited by PolishDave, 21 April 2017 - 07:00 AM.

#1584 jeffismagic

jeffismagic

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:00 AM

Fair post.

I haven't seen the lack of accuracy from him so much.   But I definitely have NOT seen all of his work.   Your intuition could be pointing you in the right direction.    We will know within a few years I think.

I think we are at the same point.   Almost everyone is afraid of spending a big pick on a guy - just to have him not be good enough.  Because then you leave a hole on your team that you could have filled somewhat confidently- especially with pick #10.   :beer:

Even if he was right, and he is not, he also claimed Mahomes has the worst accuracy EVER and that he would draft him in the 2nd round or 3rd round! I give up!

If any QB should be dinged for this video it's Deshaun Watson. A retired David Carr who just had shoulder surgery is throwing harder than Watson can throw now, injury free and with no wear and tear NFL action on his body (Carr took a beating in Houston).

Edited by jeffismagic, 21 April 2017 - 07:04 AM.

#1585 PolishDave

PolishDave

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:08 AM

Even if he was right, and he is not, he also claimed Mahomes has the worst accuracy EVER and that he would draft him in the 2nd round or 3rd round! I give up!

If any QB should be dinged for this video it's Deshaun Watson. A retired David Carr who just had shoulder surgery is throwing harder than Watson can throw now, injury free and with no wear and tear NFL action on his body (Carr took a beating in Houston).

I think it is fair to say neither of those guys were very accurate.   Some of the balls were catchable - none were between the numbers - almost certainly because they were throwing as hard as they could.    Video proves nothing either way in my opinion.   Obviously both those guys are strong and can throw a football fast.  I think everyone would have guessed that before watching this.

#1586 jeffismagic

jeffismagic

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:11 AM

I think it is fair to say neither of those guys were very accurate.   Some of the balls were catchable - none were between the numbers - almost certainly because they were throwing as hard as they could.    Video proves nothing either way in my opinion.   Obviously both those guys are strong and can throw a football fast.  I think everyone would have guessed that before watching this.

Yes, you saw the video the way I did. 

#1587 Buffaloed in Pa

Buffaloed in Pa

CLEAN PLAYER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:12 AM

I`ll take the classic pocket passer,that can move or slide in the pocket. Or runs only when he has to.

#1588 34-78-83

34-78-83

Bills fan and football junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,038 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:18 PM

It sounds like you had a preconceived notion if you are judging QB accuracy when he had just thrown 58 mph and wanted to get over 60 mph.

The fact that you think 4 mph is similar also betrays you don't understand what you are watching. The difference between 55 mph and 50 is worlds apart.

You are in too deep. You are trying to argue with someone who generally likes the kid. Sorry that none of these kids are worth the 10 th pick but they just aren't based on history and past performance. I'll just leave the other part alone that I don't know what I'm looking at ...

#1589 jeffismagic

jeffismagic

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:19 PM

The "Path to the Draft" team talks to Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes II about his strengths as a quarterback and why he will have success in the NFL.

#1590 Watkins_deep

Watkins_deep

Practice Squad

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:26 PM

Reminds me of farve

#1591 /dev/null

/dev/null

All Glory to The Hypnotoad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,908 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:40 PM

i'm sorry if this has already been addressed in the last 80 pages.  But is Pat Mahomes any relation to Pat Magroin?

#1592 KOKBILLS

KOKBILLS

Master of My Domain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,056 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:43 PM

The "Path to the Draft" team talks to Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes II about his strengths as a quarterback and why he will have success in the NFL.

He won Bucky and Jeremiah over big time on their Podcast interview with him...His recall was pretty amazing...

That kid...I don't care how book-smart he is...And I'm not saying he's not...But he's Football smart...You can clearly tell his passion for it, and preparation have him ready to tackle the jump...It may take a year, or even a little longer, for him to learn it...But once he does...Look out...

I currently live in a state of perpetual fear that we will pass on him and 3 years from now he's a top 5 QB in the league...While we go 6-10... B-)

#1593 jeffismagic

jeffismagic

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:46 PM

He won Bucky and Jeremiah over big time on their Podcast interview with him...His recall was pretty amazing...

That kid...I don't care how book-smart he is...And I'm not saying he's not...But he's Football smart...You can clearly tell his passion for it, and preparation have him ready to tackle the jump...It may take a year, or even a little longer, for him to learn it...But once he does...Look out...

I currently live in a state of perpetual fear that we will pass on him and 3 years from now he's a top 5 QB in the league...While we go 6-10... B-)

I am a Mahomes fan now. If the Bills don't draft him I will enjoy watching him school other teams.

Of course I wish the Bills would wake up and get a gunslinger in here. Last time we had one it worked out ok...

#1594 section122

section122

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:07 PM

Of course I wish the Bills would wake up and get a gunslinger in here. Last time we had one it worked out ok...

J.P.?

#1595 PolishDave

PolishDave

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:09 PM

I`ll take the classic pocket passer,that can move or slide in the pocket. Or runs only when he has to.

Luke Falk is your guy.  He will be in next year's draft.   He is the next Drew Bledsoe.   If you liked Drew in his prime, then you will like Luke.

#1596 jeffismagic

jeffismagic

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:44 AM

Mahomes I want to be able to destroy people in and out the pocket | Apr 25, 2017

#1597 mannc

mannc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:59 AM

I am a Mahomes fan now. If the Bills don't draft him I will enjoy watching him school other teams.

One thing we can agree on: I like Mahomes better than any other QB in this class, by quite a bit.  I don't think it's the way the Bills should go, but I certainly would not be unhappy if we land him at 10. 

#1598 Bangarang

Bangarang

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:36 PM

I'm going to bump this thread so !@#$ing hard when Mahomes goes in the 3rd round and has a mediocre NFL career.

#1599 Eric Moulds on my A**

Eric Moulds on my A**

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:38 PM

I'm going to bump this thread so !@#$ing hard when Mahomes goes in the 3rd round and has a mediocre NFL career.

Wear protection

#1600 jeffismagic

jeffismagic

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:40 PM

And if he goes in the first to a team that understands QB play?