#101 13player

13player

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:24 AM

No thanks. Praying that Mike Williams will be there at 10

did we not already draft this bust!! or is it another MW bust waiting to happen? :nana:

#102 The_Dude

The_Dude

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:10 AM

giving away your whole draft for a qb?

who does that?

and what gm in their right mind would do it.....

I'd do it.

During the drought we've had Price, Moulds, Evens, Owens and Watkins. The drought isn't due to receivers.

For running backs we've had Henry, Jackson, Lynch, Spiller, and McCoy. That group isn't the problem.

On defense we've had some good years, especially with Schwartz, but still no playoffs.

What's the one constant? What do the playoff teams have that we don't? A QB. And until we get one there will be no winning.

#103 Ryan L Billz

Ryan L Billz

Truth-Bisky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,144 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:11 AM

I'd do it.
During the drought we've had Price, Moulds, Evens, Owens and Watkins. The drought isn't due to receivers.
For running backs we've had Henry, Jackson, Lynch, Spiller, and McCoy. That group isn't the problem.
On defense we've had some good years, especially with Schwartz, but still no playoffs.
What's the one constant? What do the playoff teams have that we don't? A QB. And until we get one there will be no winning.

Nailed it dude.

#104 The_Dude

The_Dude

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:14 AM

I don't know about Trubinsky but Mitch Trubisky does not have a better arm than Mahomes - no way. I like Trubisky better overall but Mahomes has the most arm talent of the QBs in this draft.

I like Trubisky but there's no sense in pounding the table for a guy who will be gone by 10, and I cannot advocate trading up for a guy who played only 13 games...but I wouldn't be mad at the Bills if they did it.

And you're correct on arm talent. Mahomes has the best a to come out since Stafford.

#105 CountryCletus

CountryCletus

Pro Bowl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:34 PM

I take him in the second all day and would certainly expect him to lead this team sooner rather than later

#106 Freddie's Dead

Freddie's Dead

SFFJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,992 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:58 PM

Pick him just for the name.  My Homes.

#107 The_Dude

The_Dude

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:22 PM

I take him in the second all day and would certainly expect him to lead this team sooner rather than later

So you think him capable of being "the guy" but he's still not worth a day 1 pick?

Fans have become obsessed with the phrase 'not overpaying.' My philosophy is that you cannot overpay for a QB because they're impossible to win without. Just my two cents.

#108 HoF Watkins

HoF Watkins

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:14 PM

These guys break it down

#109 jeffismagic

jeffismagic

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:27 PM

These guys break it down

Great link. Matt Waldman is must see and read stuff this time of year.

#110 ndirish1978

ndirish1978

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,739 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:34 PM

I'd do it.

Give this man all the points. Spot on

#111 HoF Watkins

HoF Watkins

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:01 PM

Great link. Matt Waldman is must see and read stuff this time of year.

Watch the RSP breakdown on Connor Cook. I'm telling ya, he is gonna be good.

#112 JohnC

JohnC

UDFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,344 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:17 PM

Watch the RSP breakdown on Connor Cook. I'm telling ya, he is gonna be good.

Why do you think the Raiders would trade him? They know better than anyone else how good he is and can be. Next season he might become the backup. There is no incentive for them to trade him unless it was for a first round pick. In a couple of years when his contract comes up he might become an asset to parlay because they already have a franchise qb. But as it stands the Bills would have to give up at least a second round pick for a qb they haven't seen play. 

I strongly believe that this lumbering franchise has to take an initiative and get their own qb prospect. Would I give up a second round pick for him? Yes. But if you know how the Bills operate it is not something they would do. Whaley and his staff are more comfortable following their forsaken draft board rather than do whatever it takes to address their biggest need. 

Ask yourself why the Bills have not had a franchise qb for twenty years? Ask yourself why the Bills in a parity system have not been in the playoffs for 18 years. It's what they do. The record reflects it. 

#113 jeffismagic

jeffismagic

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:22 PM

Why do you think the Raiders would trade him? They know better than anyone else how good he is and can be. Next season he might become the backup. There is no incentive for them to trade him unless it was for a first round pick. In a couple of years when his contract comes up he might become an asset to parlay because they already have a franchise qb. But as it stands the Bills would have to give up at least a second round pick for a qb they haven't seen play. 

I strongly believe that this lumbering franchise has to take an initiative and get their own qb prospect. Would I give up a second round pick for him? Yes. But if you know how the Bills operate it is not something they would do. Whaley and his staff are more comfortable following their forsaken draft board rather than do whatever it takes to address their biggest need. 

Ask yourself why the Bills have not had a franchise qb for twenty years? Ask yourself why the Bills in a parity system have not been in the playoffs for 18 years. It's what they do. The record reflects it. 

Oh I agree. I was adamant in hiring Jim Bob Cooter to install a modern offense and to help us select a QB for that system. I have been on board with the Pegulas committing $$$ to hiring the very best QB scouts and coaches including a QB czar that would be empowered to bring in a franchise QB by looking at every QB in the next 3 drafts.

Bills don't put resources in the position and all the Pegula bucks has brought us nothing other than a 4th round pick at QB since he bought the team 2.5 years ago.

Edited by jeffismagic, Yesterday, 07:22 PM.

#114 JohnC

JohnC

UDFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,344 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:38 PM

Oh I agree. I was adamant in hiring Jim Bob Cooter to install a modern offense and to help us select a QB for that system. I have been on board with the Pegulas committing $$$ to hiring the very best QB scouts and coaches including a QB czar that would be empowered to bring in a franchise QB by looking at every QB in the next 3 drafts.

Bills don't put resources in the position and all the Pegula bucks has brought us nothing other than a 4th round pick at QB since he bought the team 2.5 years ago.

You bring up a good point. This organization is not only lackadaisical in addressing the issue but it lacks an ability to evaluate qbs. The Bills have allowed good qb prospects that are available after the first round pass by. For a team that hasn't had a franchise qb in more than a generation it makes absolutely no sense. Russell Wilson, Cousins and Dak Prescott could have been available in the third round. Carr and Bridgewater could have been available with trade downs in the first round. It's just not the Bills way. It is a Jauron/Levy conservative approach to running a team that is. 

It's not an act of recklessness to take a calculated risk on a qb with a high round pick. The reality is that you are taking calculated risks with all the players you draft regardless of position. Until the qb position is upgraded, even if it is with a prospect playing behind a bridge qb, the status of this team is going to remain the same. 

#115 Marty McFly

Marty McFly

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:18 PM

These guys break it down

thanks for posting that. very cool ****.

#116 HoF Watkins

HoF Watkins

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:46 PM

Yes, they should give up a conditional 2nd today, because he could be their Bret Favre. Maybe there will be a guy that the Raiders really covet, that they can get during the draft with the Bills help, or some scenario like that. He was obviously drafted to develop as trade bait. Christ, he already looks better coached, with more nuance to his game, than anyone on the Bills roster.

What's the worst that could happen, people laugh at them? They already do!

I don't usually post what I think the Bills WILL do, but what I think they SHOULD do.

I don't think he would be ready to start this season, but after next season I think he will be. But of course, the Bills will have invested in some other QB by then.

I'm working with prayers, and voodoo magic (and establishing my support for Cook, so that a few seasons from now, I can say "I told you!").

I know it's not much, but there isn't much else to do on this board, because this team has sucked for so long. It keeps me interested.

Edited by HoF Watkins, Yesterday, 10:32 PM.

#117 2018 Our Year For Sure

2018 Our Year For Sure

duh how could it not be?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,407 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:42 PM

I'm working with prayers, and voodoo magic (and establishing my support for Cook, so that a few seasons from now, I can say "I told you!").

I know it's not much, but there isn't much else to do on this board, because this team has sucked for so long. It keeps me interested.

:lol: I hear that

Thanks for an outside the box option at QB.

#118 Formerly Allan in MD

Formerly Allan in MD

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:11 PM

Appears to throw a bit sidearm, which doesn't work in the NFL.  But he has a quick release, good footwork, and appears accurate.  Roll the dice enough times and you might get lucky.  But it's the Bills.

#119 Manther

Manther

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted Today, 12:16 AM

You have to take him at the right place. If other NFL teams view him as a late 1st/early 2nd round pick you cannot take him at 10. Trade back to 18-24 and get another 2nd round pick.

None of us have the actual boards for NFL teams but indications are that Mahomes can be had cheaper than that.

That's isn't true. You like him, you take him at 10.

If this guy is your QB the next 15 years, who cares if you take him 15 spots too high.  Trade back to 25 and watch someone jump to 24 ahead of you, this board would blow up

Agreed

#120 HoF Watkins

HoF Watkins

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted Today, 12:54 AM

That's isn't true. You like him, you take him at 10.
Agreed

Yeah, I'll never understand that. If you believe in him, take him when you can. This team can't afford to play those kind of games with the QB position.