123 replies to this topic

#121 Mark Vader

Mark Vader

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,926 posts

Posted Today, 01:23 AM

Everyone is always saying BPA, BPA, BPA. That's how the winning franchises draft. Now, this year, I haven't heard a peep about drafting the BPA. Just extend TT or draft Watson or Trubisky or trade down and take Mahomes.

With that said, I will ask the more learned and wise ones out there--who will be the BPA at 10? WR (Williams), Safety (Adams--please! or Hooker), or Corner (Humphrey, Lattimore) or is it QB with Mahomes (or Watson or Trubisky), All positions of need and it seems like the consensus is that the BPA is not a QB but will rather be one of the others and that that player will likely be at least a damn good plug and play starter for a number of years, a starter with one pro bowl year or a multiple pro bowler (all assumimg the medical staff has been replaced!).

Why draft purely based on need when one of our needs will be the BPA. The stars are aligned (because we have so many needs!) so why screw it up? There is no franchise QB and we have the option to sign, i.e., extend the contract of, the best FA QB (who is likewise not a franchise QB but who can be here two more years at an avg salary for a starting QB--crazy but true, look at Sportrac--and who can compete for a wild card with some healthy WRs, a RT via FA who isn't a turnstile and a bettter defense--via draft picks this year and last years' being healthy for the entire offseason). Draft a QB late, continue to develop CJ and maybe we hit the QB lottery next year (I'm now with the draft a QB each year until, we hit--but let's not reach--never seems to work for any team).

Thanks for letting me share!

I'll say it. Draft BPA!

And in my opinion, the BPA for us is not a QB from this draft.

#122 ice2145

ice2145

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted Today, 03:03 AM

If the Bills reach and draft this guy at 10 we will be laughed at just like the EJ pick. This guy is a 3rd rounder at best. Stop trying to make this guy something he's not.

#123 nucci

nucci

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,788 posts

Posted Today, 05:19 AM

This kid is unbelievable and definitely worth the #10 pick.

He's mobile.
He's well built.
He can make Aaron Rodgers type throws.

Right now people are getting mocked for suggesting that Mahomes is a first rounder...that will change as we get closer to the draft.

When you watch Mahomes it is impossible to not be impresssed. His naysayers argument is that he's a 'air raid system QB.' Again, so was Aaron Rodgers.

All I know is this--Mahomes makes unbelievable throws that put his receivers in great position for YAC. Mahomes routinely keeps eyes downfield when scrambling. Mahomes makes reads as is evident by his turning his head to the other side of the field when his 1 and 2 aren't open.

This guy is unbelievable. He's the total package. I promise, if you're not yet familiar with him you will be soon because this kid will 'shoot up draft boards' post combine.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means

#124 Chandler#81

Chandler#81

All Pro

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,041 posts

Posted Today, 06:00 AM

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means

hmmm.. I think Aaron Rodgers makes unbelievable throws. If this kid can indeed throw like AR, it would be unbelievable if we didn't take him at #10!