I think this is the best way to do this I will continually edit the main post with changes as I get really into the draft and as the Bills sign players and players fall off because they have been signed.
UPDATED: 15 Feb 2017
To start off I used SPOTRAC particular to look up comparable contracts of the players I am looking to sign as well as to get money of the roster moves I make.
Bills are starting with 44 under contract and Cap space of 26M.
- Do not pick up Tyrod Taylors Option. Cap Savings 12.1M
- Redo or Cut and Re-sign Kyle Williams contract. I am looking at a MIN to save 4M here, but I went with the Cut option so I am saving 6.8M in space
- Cut Corey Graham saving 3.7M
- Cut Carpenter saving 2.4M
With those Moves it puts the Bills with 40 under contract and cap space this year of 51M.
RFAs and EFRAs that I tender (likely a total of 4M in space used up)
- Logan Thomas
- Ryan Groy
- Mike Gillislee
- Colton Schmidt
- Marcus Roberson
- Dez Lewis
Leaves 47 on Contract and roughly 47M in Cap Space
- Brain Hoyer, QB - 3 years 12M with a 4M AVV - Here is the vet to bring in to compete with your Rookie and Jones.
- Kendall Wright, WR - 4 years 26M with a 6.5M AVV - Reason I went with Wright is I think he is the type of WR this offense would need opposite Sammy, yes he is not the Size guy, however he has great hands, runs very precise and good routes and if very good with the ball in his hand after the catch. Just fits this offense a bit, and I decided to spend a little more money in the WR spot to get that long term No 2 WR.
- A.J. Klien, LBer, 5 years 21.5M with a 4.3AVV - this contract I must say might be high, but it was hard to really figure out his market value but think this will be close. This makes all the sense in the world to bring a guy in that knows the system of defense and can help ease the transition into it. New coaches do this all the time, there will be a couple more as my signings go on.
- Keyvon Webster, CB - 4 years 8M with a 2M AVV - good Zone Corner coming from a good defense in Denver.
- Mike Remmers, RT - 5 years 24M with a 4.8M AVV - Solid in pass pro and will upgrade that, not nearly as good in RB as Mills was, however not the tire fire Mills was in Pass Protection. This will upgrade the RT position greatly at not that big of a cost.
- Colin Jones, CB - 2 years 3M with a 1.5M AVV - Depth Zone CB coming from CAR so again knows the system and plays well inside it.
- John Cryprien, S - 4 years 22M with a 5.5M AVV - when people talk safeties in this class they often overlook him because of the Big Names. However he is a very good safety and will upgrade that position immediately, need a good player back there with the ? of Williams. Cannot rely on rookies at both S spots if something happens to Aaron.
After those Signings puts 54 on contract and still have roughly 18.4M in cap space if I use the AVV. Which will allow re-signs of key players like Sammy etc before they hit their last year of their deal.
Draft (only able to do three rounds at this point)
1st - Deshaun Watson, QB Clemson - He is one of 3 QBs that I think you can build around in the class. I also think he will be there at 10. Other QBs I am interested in are Trubinsky and Mahomes. I am going with Watson in this scenario though.
2nd - Budda Baker, S Washington - An elite playmaker, he is always around the ball can impact both in the passing game and run game. Love his explosiveness and instincts. Little on the smallish side for a safety but he is a "Football Player" and this team needs football players.
3rd - Alex Anzalone - OLB Florida - Great Combination of Size and Speed, great in coverage and fluid hips will be fine at the SLB matched up on TEs. I think he will turn out to be a stud in this system, another football player. Gives max effort and versatility as he played both inside and outside in Florida.