Photo

Better Call Saul Season 3 - It's on!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#101 DC Tom

DC Tom

Also sniping at retards from the balcony

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,333 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:42 PM

it was an awesome scene, but would that coke really have stayed on that truck, even in small traces, for 20KM?  that was my initial thought

It only has to stay on in amounts large enough to trigger the dog...which doesn't take much.

#102 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

See Bufffalo-inspired art at www.inkwellstudios.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,019 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:52 PM

while this is the most logical. It is also the laziest way out. It doesn't provide a story that falls in line with everything. There has to be drama in his death. I like slashes theory that Wendy is Kim wexler. Maybe Wendy came from wexler. But its also an easy out. Having either killed off is lazy.

I am most curious about Kim's write off. But interested what does his brother in

I'm betting the clue is what Jimmy said while attacking Chuck. "This is why (name I forgot) left you!!"  It was never explained how Chuck went from being successful and married to whack job hermit. It's probably tied to losing his wife. That thread has been hanging loose for some time, just waiting for Vince Gilligan to tie it up.

#103 K-9

K-9

Long Timer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,139 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:52 PM

Gilligan and Co. once again proving why they are the masters of the cold open. 

#104 DC Tom

DC Tom

Also sniping at retards from the balcony

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,333 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:13 PM

I did enjoy the irony in the fact that he was able to put a bullet through the shoe at 200+ yards, but took 3 tries to get the stuck on the wire.

That's what makes Better Call Saul so good, attention to those little details.  It's so easy to write "Mike throws shoes over the line," or as the director or editor just take the successful cut of Banks throwing the shoes over.  But showing him miss twice is one of those nice details that makes "Mike throws shoes over the line" go from a minor plot point to character "enrichment" that adds to the reality of the series.  

Quite a few writers, directors, and producers don't get that.  Joss Wheedon does, Guy Ritchie sort-of does, Spielberg of course.  Vince Gilligan is a master at it.