185 replies to this topic

#181 ShadyBillsFan

ShadyBillsFan

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted Today, 03:00 PM

Using Roman as a scapegoat for an O unit that was slow coming out of the gate after Ryan himself made the call for reduced reps during preseason shows how bad the team was handled IMO.

The Bills ranked dead last in passing attempts per game average (below 30) in the NFL which translates to being dead last in most passing categories.

Running the ball well in the NFL is good , but not at the expense of the passing game in my humble opinion.

Why can't I?   Roman's offense got stale at the end of 2015 and remained that way in the beginning of 2016 then he got fired.

The offense under A Lynn started to perform better for a while until it then again fell flat.

Am I supposed to say :  OK  It's a Tyrod's fault?   Or is it part Tyrod and part play calling part player talent?   I choose the latter.

Yes, closer to "very little."

Rex called TO's.  But the bulk of the offensive responsibility was on Roman and Lynn.  And while it's easy to make the lazy "inexperienced" remark about Lynn, his performance as OC helped him get a HC position. 

Rex hiring Roman doesn't mean he "coached" TT.

Rex Ryan's defenses have always been risky, attacking defenses designed to either get a sack/TO or give up a play.  If you want to argue that his defensive personality seeped into the O, I'd like to know why you think so.

It's not like Roman's system was way different before he came to Buffalo.  He was always running a complex run heavy offense that controlled the clock and barely passed.  He ran the exact same offense in San Fran.  There was virtually no difference with Rex Ryan or Jim Harbaugh.

The inexperienced remark was because it was true. 

As to whether A Lynn is good, we'll see in a year or 2.

we all saw that Rex was bad before 2 full seasons. 

I'm not wishing A Lynn ill will, I just don't know how "good" he is.

#182 Figster

Figster

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted Today, 03:01 PM

Why can't I?   Roman's offense got stale at the end of 2015 and remained that way in the beginning of 2016 then he got fired.

The offense under A Lynn started to perform better for a while until it then again fell flat.

Am I supposed to say :  OK  It's a Tyrod's fault?   Or is it part Tyrod and part play calling part player talent?   I choose the latter.

The inexperienced remark was because it was true. 

As to whether A Lynn is good, we'll see in a year or 2.

we all saw that Rex was bad before 2 full seasons. 

I'm not wishing A Lynn ill will, I just don't know how "good" he is.

lol, thought I was in agreement with you

#183 ShadyBillsFan

ShadyBillsFan

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted Today, 03:02 PM

Taylors holding a clipboard in a purple jersey without Rex no ?

Not sure how to answer that.

Would another HC have stuck with Tryod, or moved on at the end of 2015?   Quite possible. 

The dilemma is there are not many QB prospects out there other than hitting the jackpot with Dak.  So w/o a better option, he's starting

#184 BuffaloHokie13

BuffaloHokie13

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted Today, 03:03 PM

Taylors holding a clipboard in a purple jersey without Rex no ?

No, unless you think Denver is purple.

#185 ShadyBillsFan

ShadyBillsFan

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted Today, 03:04 PM

lol, thought I was in agreement with you

:beer:

#186 Figster

Figster