9 replies to this topic

#1 RaoulDuke79

RaoulDuke79

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:28 PM

I can't seem to find the icon to post video.

This link gives a good run down on what does what, but I'm missing some of the Icons.

http://forums.twobil...lp&do=01&HID=25

#2 ExiledInIllinois

ExiledInIllinois

Making It Flow Backwards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,715 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:12 PM

I can't seem to find the icon to post video.

This link gives a good run down on what does what, but I'm missing some of the Icons.

http://forums.twobil...lp&do=01&HID=25

Main toggle OFF! Looks like a little light switch in upper left corner of post window. Takes you in to mode where you see the HTML code. It shuts off all switches.

Just copy the URL like this & paste:

But this time take the "s" out of "https:// and do the same.  Paste, this time without the "s" AND you get this... Voila!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57Ykv1D0qEE

REMEMBER: One embedded video per post. If you are next to post right after one of your previous posts, wait a little bit. There is about a 12 minute delay where the new post will merge with your above posts. So wait, if nobody else is posting, you will get a fresh post. Capisce?

EDIT: Now that is weird, The "s" trick works on mobile devices, but does exact opposite on a desktop. On this rare occasion, I am on a desktop computer. BUT the effect is the same.

VERY quirky board... BUT I am a VERY quirky guy! 0:)   Toggled back on to get emoticons. ;)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois, 22 March 2017 - 09:10 PM.

#3 RaoulDuke79

RaoulDuke79

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:31 PM

Many thanks. I'll give it a go tomorrow.

#4 ExiledInIllinois

ExiledInIllinois

Making It Flow Backwards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,715 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:45 PM

Many thanks. I'll give it a go tomorrow.

Play around with that "s" trick.  I know if I leave it OUT when posting via the mobile version on my phone... It will embed the video.  Also, the toggle thing.  Shut the switch off and paste it straight up if working from the full version. 

Also... Just thinking.  Might be some protocol where first video gets embedded and second is just a hyperlink.  My post above, I didn't wait and it is all in one post.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois, 22 March 2017 - 09:43 PM.

#5 RaoulDuke79

RaoulDuke79

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:28 PM

I tried the toggle switch. I blanks out everything when I hit it. Otherwise there are several icons that are active, but I still cant find or don't have the option to post video. I've come to the conclusion that my laptop is so old its inadequate and I'm going to get a new one. Here's the post editor that's available to me.....

Attached Thumbnails

• scrote.png

Edited by RaoulDuke79, 23 March 2017 - 09:29 PM.

#6 ExiledInIllinois

ExiledInIllinois

Making It Flow Backwards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,715 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:04 PM

I tried the toggle switch. I blanks out everything when I hit it. Otherwise there are several icons that are active, but I still cant find or don't have the option to post video. I've come to the conclusion that my laptop is so old its inadequate and I'm going to get a new one. Here's the post editor that's available to me.....

I am on mobile now. Phone (Android, Marshmallow, Chrome)... You have to copy and paste the link right into where text goes. Like this. I take the "s" out and the "m" (not sure why the "m" but I do) from the YouTube link. It gets me this:

If I didn't it would get me this:

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=DAtc9mlX72Q

These are multiple posts, nobody is posting in between so if under 15 minutes or so apart, they are merging into one post.

The toggle on full version, I will shut off because if I copy and paste with it on, it tends to duplicate things.

The board is like driving a stick. It economizes, makes things cleaner... IMO.

Hope this helps. Many ways to manually shift. ;-)

#7 RaoulDuke79

RaoulDuke79

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:07 PM

That's the problem........I was clinking the link button and pasting it instead of going directly into the text box. Very good.

#8 ExiledInIllinois

ExiledInIllinois

Making It Flow Backwards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,715 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:25 PM

That's the problem........I was clinking the link button and pasting it instead of going directly into the text box. Very good.

Success!

Like making gravy! Easy peasy!

Now since I posted in between (or time limit met), your next post won't merge and you embed another one.

Also... Be careful. I think we are limited on how much we can embed? Not sure???

#9 RaoulDuke79

RaoulDuke79

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:30 PM

Success!

Like making gravy! Easy peasy!

Now since I posted in between (or time limit met), your next post won't merge and you embed another one.

Also... Be careful. I think we are limited on how much we can embed? Not sure???

No worries, all I plan on posting are heavy metal videos and probably an occasional wisecrack. Thank for the help. Go Bills.

#10 ExiledInIllinois

ExiledInIllinois

Making It Flow Backwards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,715 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:39 PM

No worries, all I plan on posting are heavy metal videos and probably an occasional wisecrack. Thank for the help. Go Bills.

Yeah... That is how I look at it. The board is clean and economizes and would get cluttered if things were a bit easier to post all over with no governors attached. I know things seem to be a bit round about and manually driven... But the board almost never lugs, it runs efficient, shifts fast and clean. SDS does a great job. Now if he goes on vacation and lets Rosen run things, look out (old, inside joke).

Just my 2 cents. Hope the powers that be don't mind me chiming in, helping out!