170 replies to this topic

#161 Tiberius

Tiberius

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,658 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:53 PM

Lowering the top marginal rates brought in significantly increased tax revenue under Reagan. The term "trickle down" was coined by detractors of supply side economics, and is a buzz word used by leftists. Your bias is showing. I see you don't refer to JFK's fiscal policy in the same terms, yet he also supported lowering the top marginal rates.

I don't know if you're unaware or just biased, but congress controls spending. During the Regan years, congress outspent the windfall tax revenue by approximately two-to-one. It's impossible to spend your way out of debt.

And adding "jmo" is not an effective insulator against criticism when saying something ridiculous.

So if Congress was pumping all the money into the economy--even more than the tax cuts--why can't you see through your bias that it was that that increased revenue taken in? Tax revenue increase because of public investment

It was mainly due our manufacturing capabilities escaped unscathed from WWII we became the world's major producer of many products. Add to that the returning service men and women along with the euphoria of the depression and the war finally behind us.   Mickey Mouse could have been President and the country would have boomed. 

Living through an era doesn't mean you understand anything about it.

Oh? Nothing to do with the biggest public works project in American history?? I'm sure our economy would have been great without a friggin highway system duh!

#162 Nanker

Nanker

The Beer Was Cold!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,823 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:56 PM

Tax rates under Eisenhower were very high to pay for WWII, the depression , and rebuild Europe and Japan. He was my favorite President of all time. The U.S. economy was booming under him.

JFK did dial the tax rate back at the right time.

Congress controls spending. Did Reagan veto that spending for 8 years ?

But few people paid anything near the highest rates. The tax laws were so convoluted and the tax shelters were so byzantine that the IRS spent more time trying to police the loopholes than in collecting taxes.

Google Billy Sol Estes. He was an LBJ chum.

#163 ALF

ALF

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:05 PM

I'll clarify it.

He's a commie.

So if the 2 favorite Presidents in my lifetime are Republicans Eisenhower , and H. Bush plus I wanted Kasich to be elected in 2016, 

so that makes me a commie  ?

#164 Chef Jim

Chef Jim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,627 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:12 PM

Oh? Nothing to do with the biggest public works project in American history?? I'm sure our economy would have been great without a friggin highway system duh!

Yes it would have been. 

#165 ALF

ALF

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:33 PM

It was mainly due our manufacturing capabilities escaped unscathed from WWII we became the world's major producer of many products. Add to that the returning service men and women along with the euphoria of the depression and the war finally behind us.   Mickey Mouse could have been President and the country would have boomed. 

Living through an era doesn't mean you understand anything about it. 

So if we kept our manufacturing jobs instead of outsourcing , and had fair trade instead of unfair trade  we could have less national debt?

Millions of manufacturing jobs  with health insur , not p/t min wage no benefits. Jobs that paid fed and state income taxes.

Tens of thousands of factories that paid property and school taxes to keep  cities and towns running .

Your right Eisenhower compares to mickey mouse , not. That is why the national debt is out of control

#166 Chef Jim

Chef Jim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,627 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:39 PM

So if we kept our manufacturing jobs instead of outsourcing , and had fair trade instead of unfair trade  we could have less national debt?

Millions of manufacturing jobs  with health insur , not p/t min wage no benefits. Jobs that paid fed and state income taxes.

Tens of thousands of factories that paid property and school taxes to keep  cities and towns running .

Your right Eisenhower compares to mickey mouse , not. That is why the national debt is out of control

What does the part in bold have to do with Eisenhower? 

#167 ALF

ALF

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:54 PM

What does the part in bold have to do with Eisenhower? 

It means if you don't want manufacturing jobs and factories in this country to pay taxes , then Chef Jim can pick up the tab.

Edited by ALF, 22 May 2017 - 04:55 PM.

#168 Chef Jim

Chef Jim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,627 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:00 PM

It means if you don't want manufacturing jobs and factories in this country to pay taxes , then Chef Jim can pick up the tab.

So when I asked you what Eisenhower had to do with the booming economy "I don't know" would have been an acceptable answer.  Instead you proceed with this series of convoluted posts.   :wacko:

#169 ALF

ALF

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:33 PM

So when I asked you what Eisenhower had to do with the booming economy "I don't know" would have been an acceptable answer.  Instead you proceed with this series of convoluted posts.   :wacko:

Just keep increasing the national debt, everything will be fine.

#170 Joe Miner

Joe Miner

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,768 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:46 PM

Just keep increasing the national debt, everything will be fine.

let-me-stop-you-there-youre-!@#$ing-stup

#171 grinreaper

grinreaper

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:02 PM

let-me-stop-you-there-youre-!@#$ing-stup

Actually he's a disciple of Gator. He's following Gator's method of debating by slinking away and leaving a dumbass comment on the table.