5 replies to this topic

#1 Another Fan

Another Fan

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 02:54 PM

It was one of the last posts I had on BBMB. Grew up rooting for the Mets. Wanted to see who fellow Bills fans pulled in terms of baseball. Know the Jays are close but are aware of the Sabres/Leafs rivalry.

#2 Foxx

Foxx

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:39 AM

count me among those of being a Mets fan. opening day tomorrow. 

Edited by Foxx, 02 April 2017 - 08:39 AM.

#3 LI_Bills

LI_Bills

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:49 PM

Born and bred Long Island, Mets/Bills/Islanders since the early 70's. Love where the Mets are at right now. Always room for improvement and plenty of legit concerns but this team is positioned pretty well for both short and long term success.

#4 Another Fan

Another Fan

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:18 PM

Born and bred Long Island, Mets/Bills/Islanders since the early 70's. Love where the Mets are at right now. Always room for improvement and plenty of legit concerns but this team is positioned pretty well for both short and long term success.

Thought so too in March. Not gonna throw in the towel yet for the year but it feels like it's gonna be an epic disappointment.

#5 Captain Murica

Captain Murica

How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:07 PM

Die hard Mets fan, as the entire family is as well. We have weekday season ticket package. (Not so much in football half being Giants and Jets fans; then me as the lonely Bills fan.)

This season has been dreary and all too familiar to the 90s Mets when we had the young arm prospects aka Generation K. (Bill Pulsipher, Jason Isringhausen, and Paul Wilson)

#6 LI_Bills

LI_Bills

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:06 PM

Not loving where we're at 3 months later. 

A few weeks before the trade deadline and a few thoughts:

Outfield

With Conforto, Cespedes, Granderson and Bruce we still have a glut of corner outfielders. Conforto is a keeper, time to move on from Granderson. Would you consider dangling Cespedes and holding on to Bruce? 

Infiield:

Dump anyone that can bring back something decent. TJ looks like a hitter, but where can he play? Looks like Murphy part II to me. Might consider him as a complement to Dominic Smith at first next year.

Starting pitching to keep:

DeGrom: anyone who suggests we trade him is nuts

Thor: pray he isn't the next Harvey

Matz: concerned but waaaaaay to early to cut the cord

Starting pitching to keep unless someone wants to overpay:

Harvey: I have no confidence he'll regain form but he has no value and is cheap so try to salvage: bullpen, minors, whatever

Wheeler: I'm encouraged. First year back, no major injury setbacks, decent, not great. If someone wants to overpay I'd consider it but next year is his make or break.

Gsellman/Lugo: I thought they overachieved last year. Showed me enough to keep around  (Lugo moreso), but again: bullpen, minors, whatever

Relief pitching

Hate to see Addison Reed go, but sayonara...most likely to be traded IMO.  Everyone else is expendable too, but I really can't stomach Edgin.

Catching

Blow it up.

Manager

I have no great love for Collins, but I do give him some credit for the two playoff appearances and I'm not aware of any clubhouse problems. I'd want to know who's up next before I kick him to the curb.