Photo

Pegula shows Tim Murray and Dan Bylsma the door.

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

#241 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,594 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:50 PM

Edmonton turned things around because of Peter Chiarelli and Todd McLellan as well as McDavid.  Chiarelli and McLellan were both proven winners, something Buffalo never hires. 

Bylsma did win the cup and was the Olympic coach which is pretty good credentials.

Really surprised by Murray though. the Nightcap guys are saying that TMNGM was berating officials in the hall way for all to hear and was all around to lose with his lips.

#242 Kirby Jackson

Kirby Jackson

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,163 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:55 PM

Bylsma did win the cup and was the Olympic coach which is pretty good credentials.

Really surprised by Murray though. the Nightcap guys are saying that TMNGM was berating officials in the hall way for all to hear and was all around to lose with his lips.

Am I the only one not even a little surprised by Murray? What am I missing? He tore it all down, had a bunch of assets and squandered the majority of them. His job was pretty easy.

#243 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,594 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:04 PM

Am I the only one not even a little surprised by Murray? What am I missing? He tore it all down, had a bunch of assets and squandered the majority of them. His job was pretty easy.

his job was to tear it down and the trades were supposed to bring faster results. they should have just stuck with the long plan and develop the assets

#244 Fadingpain

Fadingpain

Senior VP, Robust Analytics Department

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:33 PM

Firing Bylsma makes perfect sense and that was overdue.

Firing GMTM is confusing and  makes no sense at all.  He should have been given 1 more off-season to finish his work.

This is another demerit on the Pegulas, who have now amply demonstrated they are beyond clueless when it comes to pro sports ownership.

#245 ScottLaw

ScottLaw

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,396 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:35 PM

Firing Bylsma makes perfect sense and that was overdue.

Firing GMTM is confusing and  makes no sense at all.  He should have been given 1 more off-season to finish his work.

This is another demerit on the Pegulas, who have now amply demonstrated they are beyond clueless when it comes to pro sports ownership.

That was established long ago when they hired Rex.

#246 aristocrat

aristocrat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:37 PM

If tm really never thought of firing bylsma that sealed the coffin. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#247 Doc Brown

Doc Brown

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:47 PM

You get rid of Murray but keep Whaley?  SMH

#248 4merper4mer

4merper4mer

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,956 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:51 PM

You get rid of Murray but keep Whaley?  SMH

Whaley is a far far better GM than Murray.  In addition, Whaley has been restricted by Rex in many ways that Pegula can easily see.  Murray had free reign and completely botched everything while talking down to everyone on the planet.  

#249 Estro

Estro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:53 PM

http://bloguin.com/b...ALETBRANDON.jpg

#HeDoesn'tMakeFootballDecisions?

#NeverSeenThePlayoffs

#Promotions

#StillNoPlayoffs

#MorePromotions

#Bills&SabresPresident

#BothTeamsSuck

#Shocking

Anybody else have some quality hashtags for Russ "Snake Oil" Brandon?

#250 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

See Bufffalo-inspired art at www.inkwellstudios.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,118 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:12 PM

It's hard to get excited about being CLOSE to 8th place in a conference at one point in the season in a 30 team league -- maybe just me as a non hockey guy

I didn't mean they were awesome. Just that they got close enough to contend but instead went to pieces.

Per Kevin Sylvester

"Can't see Terry Pegula holding a press conference tomorrow to just take questions. Wouldn't surprise me if he named a hockey president."

To channel JW... HMMMMMMM

Edited by PromoTheRobot, 20 April 2017 - 08:12 PM.