43 replies to this topic

#41 ShadyBillsFan

ShadyBillsFan

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted Today, 11:47 AM

Authorities in Washington recorded 436 fatal crashes in 2013, and determined that drivers involved in 40 crashes tested positive for THC.  10%.

Driving under the influence should not be condoned but there are other causes with much higher rates.

Curious -

How many fatal car crashes are caused by people texting?   23 to 28 %. 

Texting while driving is 6x more likely to cause an accident than driving drunk.

21% of teen drivers involved in fatal accidents were distracted by their cell phones.

The National Safety Council reports that cell phone use while driving leads to 1.6 million crashes each year

#42 4merper4mer

4merper4mer

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,914 posts

Posted Today, 12:15 PM

Authorities in Washington recorded 436 fatal crashes in 2013, and determined that drivers involved in 40 crashes tested positive for THC.  10%.

Driving under the influence should not be condoned but there are other causes with much higher rates.

Curious -

How many fatal car crashes are caused by people texting?   23 to 28 %. 

Texting while driving is 6x more likely to cause an accident than driving drunk.

21% of teen drivers involved in fatal accidents were distracted by their cell phones.

The National Safety Council reports that cell phone use while driving leads to 1.6 million crashes each year

Are the people only 10% dead?  Geez.

If you show me somewhere that I said texting and driving is a good idea I might think you have a point.  But I didn't so you don't.

#43 ShadyBillsFan

ShadyBillsFan

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted Today, 01:47 PM

Are the people only 10% dead?  Geez.

If you show me somewhere that I said texting and driving is a good idea I might think you have a point.  But I didn't so you don't.

Did I condone it?   No, I did not.   

My point again is that you are making this out be be a bigger issue that it really is.

#44 4merper4mer

4merper4mer

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,914 posts

Posted Today, 03:38 PM

Did I condone it?   No, I did not.   

My point again is that you are making this out be be a bigger issue that it really is.

People smoke pot.  They get impaired.  Other people die.  Then the pot heads create a church so they can worship a plant.  On this very site there i a whole thread about how pot cures every illness known to man.  And I'm the one making it a big issue?