83 replies to this topic

#81 thebandit27

thebandit27

Armchair Dynasty Architect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:47 AM

If you want success at the QB position draft an elite TE.

Good grief, its not rocket science bandit,

so why can't Buffalo do a better job helping our QB's

The two are not in any way related, and I wasn't intending to needle you...I just know you have an affinity for the TE position.

#82 Figster

Figster

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:01 PM

The two are not in any way related, and I wasn't intending to needle you...I just know you have an affinity for the TE position.

TE play not in any way related to the success of a QB?

Do you think its by coincidence BB has the best TE in the league?.

lol, Buffalo must agree with you though bandit

#83 thebandit27

thebandit27

Armchair Dynasty Architect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:10 PM

TE play not in any way related to the success of a QB?

Do you think its by coincidence BB has the best TE in the league?.

lol, Buffalo must agree with you though bandit

I think that NE has the best TE in the league because they took a chance on him when nobody else was willing to.

I also think that it's worth noting that NE won the Super Bowl without that TE, and that Denver let their All-Pro TE walk the year before they won the Super Bowl.

I'm not saying that the position doesn't matter; I'm saying that incidence of great QB play is entirely separate from great TE play.

As to Buffalo's valuation on the position, they did give Charles Clay a top-5 TE contract, and he lead the team in catches last year, so it's not like they haven't valued the position.

And again, it wasn't a sleight at you; as I said: I know you have an affinity for the position.

#84 Figster

Figster

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:24 PM

I think that NE has the best TE in the league because they took a chance on him when nobody else was willing to.

I also think that it's worth noting that NE won the Super Bowl without that TE, and that Denver let their All-Pro TE walk the year before they won the Super Bowl.

I'm not saying that the position doesn't matter; I'm saying that incidence of great QB play is entirely separate from great TE play.

As to Buffalo's valuation on the position, they did give Charles Clay a top-5 TE contract, and he lead the team in catches last year, so it's not like they haven't valued the position.

And again, it wasn't a sleight at you; as I said: I know you have an affinity for the position.

Denver won a championship with good D, best in the league.

BB D doesn't get the credit it deserves with Tom Brady.

Picking two isolated cases/games the TE play wasn't a big factor in the outcome is reaching don't you think?

We're not just talking about the best teams in football.

TE security blanket is important to the success of a QB in my humble opinion.

K-Gun never happens without good play from the TE position.

and yes, guilty as charged...

Edited by Figster, 27 April 2017 - 12:34 PM.