88 replies to this topic

#81 bbb

bbb

UDFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,346 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:35 AM

Please don't link to his articles. I make it a point specifically to never click on his stuff. If you don't like his stuff, don't support him being employed by TBN by not adding to his click count 

He's going to be employed by the News no matter what - because of the union. 

#82 Stormin Norman

Stormin Norman

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:03 AM

Cautious skepticism is the rational approach. I'd wager 99% of the posters here had no idea who Brandon Beane, Joe Schoen, and Brian Gaine were one month ago. We're only going by what we've learned from reports in the media which have mostly been positive. Ironically, these same members of the media are often attacked and ridiculed as incompetent and clueless when they have something negative to say, so.... we'll see.

This is the essence of it.  When I mention the 17 year drought, no, I am not doom and gloom.  The Bills sell hope like no organization on the face of the earth.  And every year, I HOPE that they have positioned themselves to finally get over the hump.  So I am hopeful, yes.  

This post speaks to Jerry Sullivan's doom and gloom and negativity.  Again, if you boil down what he is typically saying over the past ten or 15 years, it's, "Let's not get all giddy at these moves, folks.  We can look at these moves with a critical eye given the nearly two decades of futility and not simply drink the Kool-Aid.  Let's see some tangible, positive results first."  I simply cannot see the flaw in this and those of us who generally concur are not doom and gloom or fair weather fans.  

Cautious skepticism.  Hopeful skepticism.  That's where I am at.  When they win again, I will be an out of control giddy child!

#83 ScottLaw

ScottLaw

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:31 AM

So you're saying the right thing to do is look backwards, assume the worst, and have no hope?  That works for some people. Like I said before, that's a snarky way of describing being a fan.

He has his opinions that contradict the feel good vibe on these new hires, but where does he assume the worst in this article?

Wait and see is not assuming the worst.

Like I said, if the Bills win and he is still being a negative B word them flame away...

This is the essence of it.  When I mention the 17 year drought, no, I am not doom and gloom.  The Bills sell hope like no organization on the face of the earth.  And every year, I HOPE that they have positioned themselves to finally get over the hump.  So I am hopeful, yes.  

This post speaks to Jerry Sullivan's doom and gloom and negativity.  Again, if you boil down what he is typically saying over the past ten or 15 years, it's, "Let's not get all giddy at these moves, folks.  We can look at these moves with a critical eye given the nearly two decades of futility and not simply drink the Kool-Aid.  Let's see some tangible, positive results first."  I simply cannot see the flaw in this and those of us who generally concur are not doom and gloom or fair weather fans.  

Cautious skepticism.  Hopeful skepticism.  That's where I am at.  When they win again, I will be an out of control giddy child!

Exactly.

#84 TheFunPolice

TheFunPolice

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:35 AM

"You've reached your limit!"

LOL...

Who pays to read news articles online these days?

Free media is everywhere. Good luck with that business model. Newspapers are like a post-asteroid strike T Rex hungrily lurching around a barren field looking for a mouse to eat.

Edited by TheFunPolice, 18 May 2017 - 08:36 AM.

#85 bmur66

bmur66

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:27 AM

You can't be mad at the weatherman because he says it's raining. I would love to the what Sully has to say when the Bills actually win some games and make some noise in the playoffs. Until then the forecast is for rain.

#86 I'm Spartacus

I'm Spartacus

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:08 PM

You keep bringing up the 17 year drought with Sully - but he's been pulling this same negative crap for years - even the Superbowl years. Always looking for the downer side of things. I believe there were a few 1990's Bills that said they wanted to beat the crap out of the guy.

#87 SF Bills Fan

SF Bills Fan

Can I Play With Madness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:35 PM

The thing about Sully is people hate him because he says negative things about the Bills, but the Bills are pretty much junk  and have been for a while. It's just the truth and people don't want to hear it. 

#88 bbb

bbb

UDFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,346 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:40 PM

The thing about Sully is people hate him because he says negative things about the Bills, but the Bills are pretty much junk  and have been for a while. It's just the truth and people don't want to hear it. 

No, the thing about Sully is that he is an unbelievable prick.............I don't even mind the negative articles about the Bills, etc. (although the anti-Pegula agenda, I do hate).............But, he can be writing a column about the US Figure Skating team and I guarantee there will be a jab a Buffalo team in the final paragraph. 

#89 LABillzFan

LABillzFan

Plan Ahea!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,390 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:14 PM

He's going to be employed by the News no matter what - because of the union. 

I believe they're in the midst of contract negotiations. Or at least that is what I get from Timmah Graham's twitter account, which is often commenting how TBN doesn't pay anyone what they're worth.

Often I remind him that people who aren't being paid what they're worth can just go get a job that WILL pay them what they're worth, but he ignores me, which is better than his usual gig of telling his critics to "go hump your fist."