21 replies to this topic

#1 dbflaBill

dbflaBill

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:26 AM

With blount to Philly, wouldnt mind seeing the Bills bringing in Ryan Mathews for the right price. 

providing Philly cuts mathews. Seems they will.

#2 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,991 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:30 AM

He's injury prone but I'm not too worried about that since he wouldn't be the main guy. Would be great to add to the RB squad imo.

@adamschefter
Signing LeGarrette Blount probably winds up sealing the deal on Ryan Mathews' departure from Eagles once he's healthy.

@pdomo
When Ryan Mathews was healthy, he was one of best short-yardage backs in the league. He converted 76.3 percent (58-76) of and-1 runs.

@spotrac
Releasing RB Ryan Mathews will clear $4M in cap space for the #Eagles, which covers Darren Sproles 2017 cap figure.

#3 BillsFan17

BillsFan17

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:31 AM

He's injury prone but I'm not too worried about that since he wouldn't be the main guy. Would be great to add to the RB squad imo.

@adamschefter
Signing LeGarrette Blount probably winds up sealing the deal on Ryan Mathews' departure from Eagles once he's healthy.

@pdomo
When Ryan Mathews was healthy, he was one of best short-yardage backs in the league. He converted 76.3 percent (58-76) of and-1 runs.

Would be better option than Tolbert for me carrying the rock.

#4 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,991 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:32 AM

Avg 4.3 ypc on 155 attempts last season.

Edited by YoloinOhio, 17 May 2017 - 11:33 AM.

#5 stuvian

stuvian

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:35 AM

no thanks

#6 Eric Moulds on my A**

Eric Moulds on my A**

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:37 AM

He's injured so often, sucks because he's actually a great back when healthy.

#7 kdiggz

kdiggz

Mayor of Pegulaville

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,066 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:37 AM

RB's should be lining up to play for us for free.  we run the ball more than any other team.  1 year deal with us could lead to long term contract elsewhere

#8 Blokestradamus

Blokestradamus

Respected Vice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:52 PM

Actually really like the idea. He excels in the one area that Shady struggles. The only sticking point is salary.

If, like seasons past, he gets injured, there's always JWill in reserve.

#9 ndirish1978

ndirish1978

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:56 PM

Actually really like the idea. He excels in the one area that Shady struggles. The only sticking point is salary.

If, like seasons past, he gets injured, there's always JWill in reserve.

How much would you pay him? They balked at giving up much of anything for Gillislee, I would e disappointed if they were to invest very much in Matthews at this point 

#10 Blokestradamus

Blokestradamus

Respected Vice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:04 PM

How much would you pay him? They balked at giving up much of anything for Gillislee, I would e disappointed if they were to invest very much in Matthews at this point 

Honestly, I'm in the same boat. I guess, by using deductive reasoning, the team wouldn't be willing to give him more than the 2nd round tender price of $2.75m.

I'd probably low-ball him with maybe a $1.5m base salary, $250k signing bonus and maybe $31,250k per game active roster bonus (as injury safeguarding).  Max value if he's healthy is $2.25m for the season.

#11 ndirish1978

ndirish1978

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:10 PM

Honestly, I'm in the same boat. I guess, by using deductive reasoning, the team wouldn't be willing to give him more than the 2nd round tender price of $2.75m.

I'd probably low-ball him with maybe a $1.5m base salary, $250k signing bonus and maybe $31,250k per game active roster bonus (as injury safeguarding).  Max value if he's healthy is $2.25m for the season.

Reasonable

#12 Blokestradamus

Blokestradamus

Respected Vice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:18 PM

Reasonable

Whether he accepts that coming off a 3-year, $11m deal and a '17 cap hit of $5m is another matter entirely.

#13 ndirish1978

ndirish1978

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:20 PM

Whether he accepts that coming off a 3-year, $11m deal and a '17 cap hit of $5m is another matter entirely.

Do you see anyone lining up to give him more than 2.5? Blount scored more TDs than anyone in the league last year and he didn't even get that. 

#14 Blokestradamus

Blokestradamus

Respected Vice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:47 PM

Do you see anyone lining up to give him more than 2.5? Blount scored more TDs than anyone in the league last year and he didn't even get that. 

Probably not. Can't think of any situation around the league where he's walking into a significant role at this point.

I guess it depends on how realistic he is. He was a low-end functional starter for a while, what does his head/agent tell him now?

#15 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,991 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:51 PM

Probably not. Can't think of any situation around the league where he's walking into a significant role at this point.

I guess it depends on how realistic he is. He was a low-end functional starter for a while, what does his head/agent tell him now?

that LeShady is an alcoholic with hammy issues and he will get a chance to start some games but not be required to carry the load, eventually getting a big deal after a 1 year stint in this offense. Just look at Gillislee!

How's that

Edited by YoloinOhio, 17 May 2017 - 02:51 PM.

#16 JTO

JTO

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:52 PM

Much rather wait and see who gets cut when rosters get trimmed to 53.

#17 Buffalo86

Buffalo86

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:30 PM

I have a feeling Jonathan Williams makes us forget Touchdown Mike AND Fat Karlos.  And who, Ryan Mathews?  I forgot him already.

#18 #34fan

#34fan

"All Men Betray."

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:59 PM

Not what he used to be. -Pass.

#19 Rise Up Lights

Rise Up Lights

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:36 PM

Looks like people that said he'd be better than Spiller in that draft were correct

#20 OldTimeAFLGuy

OldTimeAFLGuy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:46 PM

I have a feeling Jonathan Williams makes us forget Touchdown Mike AND Fat Karlos.  And who, Ryan Mathews?  I forgot him already.

....would be nice to see the UB kid make the squad....