2574 replies to this topic

#1 Brian Cohen

Brian Cohen

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:10 AM

There's a fairly new football simulator out called goal line blitz. You create a player or up to 4, customize their traits, training habits, playing style, etc, and get signed to a team (either cpu or player controlled). Games are simulated every second day, and you get more points to spend on upgrading abilities or equipment. I just started, but it seems interesting so far. You can also buy a team with the points you earn, and fully control front office, from ticket prices to signing players. If there's interest we could set up a TBD team, or a couple to allow some of you management geniuses to match wits.

Anyway, link is: http://goallineblitz.com/

Or, you could sign up via a referrer link, giving me some extra points and a head start on buying a TBD themed team: http://goallineblitz...p.pl?ref=553116

#2 justnzane

justnzane

Jethus Cwhithe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 02:23 PM

There's a fairly new football simulator out called goal line blitz. You create a player or up to 4, customize their traits, training habits, playing style, etc, and get signed to a team (either cpu or player controlled). Games are simulated every second day, and you get more points to spend on upgrading abilities or equipment. I just started, but it seems interesting so far. You can also buy a team with the points you earn, and fully control front office, from ticket prices to signing players. If there's interest we could set up a TBD team, or a couple to allow some of you management geniuses to match wits.

Or, you could sign up via a referrer link, giving me some extra points and a head start on buying a TBD themed team: http://goallineblitz...p.pl?ref=553116

Hey thanx Brian.

#3 Johnny Coli

Johnny Coli

Exploiting the Analog Hole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 03:23 PM

OK, dude. I think I signed up via your link, but can't remember now. Anyway, I just created Rubella Graves, DE (6', 250 lbs). Will accept an offer tomorrow (don't have the time to do it today). Keep him in mind when you get your team. Rubella don't come cheap, though. :wallbash:

Pretty cool site.

EDIT: Just accepted an offer from the St Louis Gulls, mostly because I think Rubella will be able to crack into a starter role there, based on their depth.

EDIT: That was quick. The Gulls just made him their starting RDE. This kid is gonna go places. Playing 0-5 Dallas tomorrow. !@#$ them.

#4 Fezmid

Fezmid

DirecTV Advocate again!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:26 PM

I'm a kicker -- Marty McKicken! Pick me, pick me!

Edit: Better hurry, I'm in high demand!

Ok, I now play for the Brussel Cows and am the starting kicker! W00t!

#5 BuffaloBilliever

BuffaloBilliever

To prey on their feeeeear...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:33 PM

Timothy Young.

FS.

Pick me up baby!

#6 Huuuge Bills

Huuuge Bills

Teeth?!? I don't need no stinkin' teeth!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 06:59 PM

I have a 6' 6'' 294 lb. DT named Tom Sestak. I'm getting payed $315 a day, and play for the Niagara Longhorns. (AA)

#7 Acantha

Acantha

Shepherd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,271 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:04 PM

FB

Howzit Dakine

#8 Fezmid

Fezmid

DirecTV Advocate again!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:07 PM

I have a 6' 6'' 294 lb. DT named Tom Sestak. I'm getting payed $315 a day, and play for the Niagara Longhorns. (AA)

I think I made the mistake of accepting a contract BEFORE leveling my kicker up... I should've done that, then waited for some more contract offers tomorrow. Now I'm underpaid. :wallbash:

#9 Huuuge Bills

Huuuge Bills

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:14 PM

I think I made the mistake of accepting a contract BEFORE leveling my kicker up... I should've done that, then waited for some more contract offers tomorrow. Now I'm underpaid. ;)

Well at least it's only a 1 year contract, you'll be able to get plenty of money soon enough. :wallbash:

BTW, I'm a level 2 run stuffing NT, if anyone wanta to trade for me/ sign me after next year.

#10 Draft Maniac

Draft Maniac

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:17 PM

I'm in Christopher Haste 6'1 191 lbs. Cornerback

#11 Fezmid

Fezmid

DirecTV Advocate again!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:28 PM

Ok, I bought the Brussels Cows. I could REALLY use a WR (upgrade past level 1 if possible... :wallbash: ). I also need a SS badly.

Lesser requirements are center or MLB.

Make a guy, post the name, and I'll give you an offer. ;)

#12 the_franchise

the_franchise

Wow maaannnnnnn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:11 PM

Richard Stroker 5'11'' LB

get it done

#13 Huuuge Bills

Huuuge Bills

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:18 PM

Ok, I bought the Brussels Cows. I could REALLY use a WR (upgrade past level 1 if possible... ;) ). I also need a SS badly.

Lesser requirements are center or MLB.

Make a guy, post the name, and I'll give you an offer. :lol:

Tom Sestak gladly joins the cows. :wallbash: (especially for $430 a day)

Are you planning on switching the logo/team name?

#14 Fezmid

Fezmid

DirecTV Advocate again!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:26 PM

Tom Sestak gladly joins the cows. :wallbash: (especially for $430 a day)

Are you planning on switching the logo/team name?

I'm open to suggestions for the logo/team name. They say not to use NFL names, plus Buffalo probably doesn't fit into the european league...

Our starting Qb just wrote me an email that said: "I'd like to request that you release my player from the Cows. thank you."

I think I'm just gonna bench him until he straigtens up his attitude. ;)

#15 the_franchise

the_franchise

Wow maaannnnnnn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:26 PM

This just in, The Brussels Cows sign MLB Richard Stroker :wallbash:

#16 Fezmid

Fezmid

DirecTV Advocate again!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:28 PM

This just in, The Brussels Cows sign MLB Richard Stroker :wallbash:

Our new starting middle linebacker!!! ;)

#17 Huuuge Bills

Huuuge Bills

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:31 PM

I'm open to suggestions for the logo/team name. They say not to use NFL names, plus Buffalo probably doesn't fit into the european league...

Our starting Qb just wrote me an email that said: "I'd like to request that you release my player from the Cows. thank you."

I think I'm just gonna bench him until he straigtens up his attitude. :wallbash:

We have a lvl 4 to replace him anyway, so I'm not too worried about stickin him on the bench.

I'll get back to you on the team name/logo. I've got some ideas that I'm sifting through.

#18 Fezmid

Fezmid

DirecTV Advocate again!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:31 PM

I hate to steal this away from Brian, since he's the one who showed us the site, but since I'm the new owner of the Brussel Cows (make suggestions to change it!) I'd like people to use my referral if they want... ;)

http://goallineblitz...p.pl?ref=622400

GO COWS! :wallbash:

#19 the_franchise

the_franchise

Wow maaannnnnnn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:38 PM

Glad to join the squad.

Idea #1

Idea #2

Idea #3

Thats just the first couple things that yahoo search came up with.

[Edit]

Just thought of this right after the post - It's not exactly the Bills Logo

#20 Fezmid

Fezmid

DirecTV Advocate again!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:40 PM

Glad to join the squad.

Idea #1

Idea #2

Idea #3

Thats just the first couple things that yahoo search came up with.

Pretty good - keep in mind that we can change the team name too, so don't limit yourself to Brussel Cows. ;)

I really like the first link though.

As for our former starting QB, here's what I wrote back to him:
"Yeah, we can't really grant your request; your contract is pretty cheap and to replace you would cost us more than we're paying you.

Unless you can suggest a trade that will help us out, I'm going to have to use you for depth."

:wallbash: