2 replies to this topic

#1 Just Jack

Just Jack

Lifting things up and putting them down

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,839 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 04:04 PM

Let me know if you have any to add. This is not a thread for debating different programs or sites. If you want to do that, start a new thread.

Weight Loss Programs

Atkins

South Beach

NutriSystem

Weight Watchers

Information Resources

US FDA Weight Loss Information Page

Exercise Program/Fitness Centers

Free Trainers

Bally Total Fitness

Golds Gym

Nutrional Tracking

Fit Day

Support Groups (added 1/1/07)

Overeaters Anonymous

TOPS

#2 Just Jack

Just Jack

Lifting things up and putting them down

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,839 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:55 PM

Nutrition Data
http://www.nutritiondata.com/

Since its launch in 2003, Nutrition Data has grown into one of the most authoritative and useful sources of nutritional analysis on the Web. In July 2006, Nutrition Data was acquired by CondéNet, a digital publisher under the Condé Nast Publications umbrella dedicated to editorial excellence. Nutrition Data's continuing goal is to provide the most accurate and comprehensive nutrition analysis available, and to make it accessible and understandable to all.

The information in Nutrition Data's database comes from the USDA's National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference and is supplemented by listings provided by restaurants and food manufacturers. The source for each individual food item is listed in the footnotes of that food's Nutrition Facts page. In addition to food composition data, Nutrition Data also provides a variety of proprietary tools to analyze and interpret that data. These interpretations represent Nutrition Data's opinion and are based on calculations derived from Daily Reference Values (DRVs), Reference Daily Intakes (RDIs), published research, and recommendations of the FDA.

While Nutrition Data cannot guarantee the absolute accuracy of every listing, we make every attempt possible to ensure the quality of our data.

#3 Fezmid

Fezmid

DirecTV Advocate again!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:52 PM

I use a program called "Lose It!" to track all of my daily calories. You set your weight, your goal weight, and your desired weight loss, and it gives you a calorie intake to meet that goal. It's nice because it's always in your pocket and you can see at a glance how many more calories you get for the day. It supports homemade food too, which is nice - just input the ingredients into a "recipe," tell it how many servings the meal is, and it calculates the calories for you.

I also use a program called "Zombies, Run!" to motivate me to get out of the house and walk/run. I'm the type of person who needs a reason to exercise - and "because it's good for you" doesn't motivate me. This basically tells a story, and that story continues each day you go out and walk/run. Zombies also "chase" you -- and it uses the GPS to determine whether you're running faster than you were before. If you go too slow, they catch you. D'oh! :)
https://play.google....WJpZXNydW4iXQ..