(Breads) Joe's Famous Beer Bread
Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:11 AM
Calories Per Serving: NA
Preparation Time: 15 mins tops
1 12oz beer
3 cups of Self-Rising Flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 stick of Butter or Margerine
Small Bread Pan
1. Open the beer and let it set while you prepare the other ingredients to let some carbonation out.
2. Pour flour and sugar into a mixing bowl and mix up, preferably using a wisk, not a powered mixer
3. Add beer to the mixture and mix until there is a smooth batter
4. Set oven to bake at 375 deg/F and let batter sit until oven is preheated to get rid of any leftover carbonation
5. Pour batter into bread pan and let bake for 45 minutes
6. After 45 mins, add up to 1 stick of butter to the top of the bread and bake for another 15 mins or until butter is gone and top is a golden brown.
7. Let cool then enjoy.
Serving Suggestions: Make sure you use self rising flour otherwise the recipe doesn't quite come out right.
Also, the better the beer you use, the better the bread.
For a little variety, add some cinnamon to the flour and sugar for a little more flavor.
Also, can be used as a dipping bread. Goes well with dill and french onion dips.
Additional Comments: Labatt's, Killian's, and Molson have given me the best results with the bread, but I've also made it with Natty Light and its fine.
My favorite version is Killian's beer, with some cinnamon added in.
Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:09 PM
Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:50 AM
Yo, Fezmid. Went to try out this recipe but it seems as though (probably due to a copying error) you left the ingredients off. Here's hoping that you still have the original document.
All fixed, thanks!
I'm planning on getting back to this project once I graduate... I still want to make a TSW cookbook and sell it as a fundraiser. We'll see how that goes.