181 replies to this topic

#41 KD in CA

KD in CA

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,723 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

I'm at 157 pounds for a net loss of 98 pounds.

I've recently shifted into just maintaining my weight as opposed to losing any more.

Come on, ya gotta hit the century mark!!!

j/k -- congrats.

#42 plenzmd1

plenzmd1

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,561 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

OKAY, I made a Google Doc

Please input your name, your goal and as much data as you can for the first two days

http://goo.gl/JRj3vD

Very cool...now only qualification is you have to weigh yourself same time everyday..i fluctuate by as much as 4 lbs

#43 Jy Re

Jy Re

Up Yer Kilt!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,081 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:43 PM

I've heard that daily weigh-ins are actually counter-productive. I usually do twice a week. I hope that won't disqualify me

#44 Gugny

Gugny

TACOCAT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,929 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

I've heard that daily weigh-ins are actually counter-productive. I usually do twice a week. I hope that won't disqualify me

I'd actually like once/week, personally. But I'll do whatever is decided.

#45 bbb

bbb

UDFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,433 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

It's an old guy's game, for the most part. Good luck, all.

Not by the looks of young people these days. It seems there are either super in shape people or fat people.

#46 The Big Cat

The Big Cat

Obnoxiously Obtuse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,090 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

to be sure, you'll watch your weight bounce around. i'm not sure how that would be "counter productive" though

here are what (near) daily weigh-ins have looked like for me in 2013. You'll see a lot of bouncing amid the downward trend.

Posted Image

#47 Just Jack

Just Jack

Lifting things up and putting them down

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,831 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

I win. I just lost 25 pounds in 30 seconds.

I cut off my leg.

And moves further out in front. Left arm gone. And piss off!! It's only a flesh wound.

I propose an amendment to the rules, call it the "Chef Jim Rule". Any appendages removed to lose weight, must be replaced by a prosthetic and it's weight added onto your reported weight.

I weight myself daily, but for this, would probably only report 2-3 times a week.

#48 BUFFALOKIE

BUFFALOKIE

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

I feel left out. If I lose weight I may disappear.

Good luck everyone! I'll be rooting for you.

Chef Jim is in the lead sans leg

Bull $#!% Thats cheating! He only did it because he was hungry and too lazy to walk to the store! I mean he's gonna eat his own leg? Maybe some fat will drip off into the fire, but all of that weight will be back before bedtime!

#49 Chef Jim

Chef Jim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,616 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

I propose an amendment to the rules, call it the "Chef Jim Rule". Any appendages removed to lose weight, must be replaced by a prosthetic and it's weight added onto your reported weight.

<stops halfway through sawing off second leg>

Bull $#!% Thats cheating! He only did it because he was hungry and too lazy to walk to the store! I mean he's gonna eat his own leg? Maybe some fat will drip off into the fire, but all of that weight will be back before bedtime!

Whoa, you just blew my mind man.

#50 ChevyVanMiller

ChevyVanMiller

All-World

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

Got online for the first time today and I am totally blown-away that so many of you are "in." Thank you, Big Cat, for setting up the tracking sheet. I weigh myself daily and did throughout my weight loss, but I think for the contest a weekly weigh-in, say on Mondays is sufficient.

Just Jack let me know that he will move the thread to the Fitness Board in a couple of days, but will pin it there.

I'm unsure about allowing people already into their weight-loss program to compete, but would like everyone's input - what do you think?

I know my health is so much better since I got down to a proper weight - energy, mood, sex life - you name it, all are so much better than they were a few years ago in my life. I look forward to doing whatever I can in helping you all get moving toward your target weight goals.

To borrow a famous line, "Nobody circles the wagons like (the fans of) the Buffalo Bills!

#51 CountDorkula

CountDorkula

I'm That Guy...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

Good luck to everyone! I will be rooting for all of you. I'm just a little guy, so I will not be participating. But ill be checking back in to support everyone. I want to do something like this at my work but do not know how to get it started. Anyone have any ideas?

#52 bbb

bbb

UDFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,433 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

to be sure, you'll watch your weight bounce around. i'm not sure how that would be "counter productive" though

here are what (near) daily weigh-ins have looked like for me in 2013. You'll see a lot of bouncing amid the downward trend.

Posted Image

What do you use to do this chart?

#53 The Big Cat

The Big Cat

Obnoxiously Obtuse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,090 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

What do you use to do this chart?

google docs

#54 section122

section122

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,056 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

Late to the party but I'm in. Was a soccer player my entire life which led me to thinking I could eat or drink anything I wanted. When I stopped playing I put on 20 lbs. when I met and married my wife I added 30 more.

I went from being the obnoxious can't gain weight no matter how much I try to the I can't lose any weight cause I'm too lazy fatty.

#55 ChevyVanMiller

ChevyVanMiller

All-World

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

Okay, first full week. Hope everyone is ready. Remember, if you have a bad day stay strong. It's okay to slip a bit, but keep your eyes on the bigger goal.

I'll try to give a tip or two that worked for me each week so here's one for today: Brush your teeth after each meal - not only is it good hygiene, but food doesn't taste good when your mouth is all minty, so you'll snack less.

#56 ChevyVanMiller

ChevyVanMiller

All-World

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

This thread seems to have died since it was moved from OTW. Maybe the mods will consider moving it back.

Thanks

#57 Gugny

Gugny

TACOCAT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,929 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

The spreadsheet only goes out to 10/12. Is this dead?

#58 Just Jack

Just Jack

Lifting things up and putting them down

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,831 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

The spreadsheet only goes out to 10/12. Is this dead?

I'm still in it. I used my rudimentary excel skills to extend out the spreadsheet, but Big Cat will probably want to fix it.

#59 Gugny

Gugny

TACOCAT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,929 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

I'm still in it. I used my rudimentary excel skills to extend out the spreadsheet, but Big Cat will probably want to fix it.

Thanks. I'm still in, too. I ate like crap this weekend, so I really need to turn it on this week to keep my streak going.

#60 The Poojer

The Poojer

Just Your Everyday Bastard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,402 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:22 AM

i was out of town on my yearly weeklong bender so everything positive prior was undone, but i have been back in the swing of gym and walking...i will update my progress as soon as i can find a scale