181 replies to this topic

#61 Gugny

Gugny

TACOCAT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,929 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:26 AM

i was out of town on my yearly weeklong bender so everything positive prior was undone, but i have been back in the swing of gym and walking...i will update my progress as soon as i can find a scale

I go through those setbacks at least once/month. It's why my weight-loss journey is taking so long. But I don't care. Overall, we're making progress. To think we'll lose weight every week is a pretty lofty goal, IMO. The key ... which you nailed on the head ... is understanding why we gained and doing what we know we need to do to lose it again.

#62 The Poojer

The Poojer

Just Your Everyday Bastard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,402 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

i actually went to my local pub yesterday to watch that incredible game, and only drank water......and they won!!! perhaps i have pleased the sports gods....

I go through those setbacks at least once/month. It's why my weight-loss journey is taking so long. But I don't care. Overall, we're making progress. To think we'll lose weight every week is a pretty lofty goal, IMO. The key ... which you nailed on the head ... is understanding why we gained and doing what we know we need to do to lose it again.

#63 Gugny

Gugny

TACOCAT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,929 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:32 AM

i actually went to my local pub yesterday to watch that incredible game, and only drank water......and they won!!! perhaps i have pleased the sports gods....

Yeah, I drank way too much beer yesterday. Then I made eggplant parm, which is not weight-loss friendly. And my wife was kind enough to make apple crisp for dessert.

#64 bbb

bbb

UDFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,433 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

google docs

Thanks! I'm finally seeing this now.

#65 Jy Re

Jy Re

Up Yer Kilt!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,081 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

So Birthday Week not the best to lose weight. Good news is that I didn't gain either.

#66 Gugny

Gugny

TACOCAT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,929 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

So Birthday Week not the best to lose weight. Good news is that I didn't gain either.

Anytime you can break even in a week that has a big event (opening day, birthday, Thanksgiving, etc.) is a huge win, in my books.

#67 ChevyVanMiller

ChevyVanMiller

All-World

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

Thanks for moving this back to OTW- thought we lost all of you guys!

#68 JR in Pittsburgh

JR in Pittsburgh

No Mercy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,786 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

Not a good start for me. Been exercising but eating like crap = net the same.

#69 The Poojer

The Poojer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,402 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

what sort of exercising is everyone doing? I try and walk every other day on average of 4-5 miles trying to maintain a 4MPH pace so basically 1-1.5 hours. the other days, during the week, i do the weight machine at work and do 3 sets of 12 each on the chest press, incline press, shoulder press, lat pull down, row, curl, horizontal row, then 3 sets of 15 each incline set-ups...this usually takes me about 45 minutes and i increase the weight 10 lbs every week or two. I also walk on those gym days with a co-worker at lunch for about 1.5-2 miles so about another 1/2 hour. i am noticing some difference, but as usual, i am impatient, but I am now trying to cut back on drinking to see if i can speed that up a bit

#70 Chef Jim

Chef Jim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,616 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

Just dropped another 20lbs baby!! Cut off my head. According to my wife I wasn't using it much so why not.

#71 Gugny

Gugny

TACOCAT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,929 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

what sort of exercising is everyone doing? I try and walk every other day on average of 4-5 miles trying to maintain a 4MPH pace so basically 1-1.5 hours. the other days, during the week, i do the weight machine at work and do 3 sets of 12 each on the chest press, incline press, shoulder press, lat pull down, row, curl, horizontal row, then 3 sets of 15 each incline set-ups...this usually takes me about 45 minutes and i increase the weight 10 lbs every week or two. I also walk on those gym days with a co-worker at lunch for about 1.5-2 miles so about another 1/2 hour. i am noticing some difference, but as usual, i am impatient, but I am now trying to cut back on drinking to see if i can speed that up a bit

I just walk. A little running. I wonder if you're replacing fat with muscle at such a rate that it's minimizing your weight loss. I'm no expert. Just a theory. Hoping someone with more knowledge will chime in.

#72 The Poojer

The Poojer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,402 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

I doubt the weights I'm doing right now are doing much muscle building...maybe some toning...but trust me...I'm not using much weight...although I am using the same weight for each station.

I just walk. A little running. I wonder if you're replacing fat with muscle at such a rate that it's minimizing your weight loss. I'm no expert. Just a theory. Hoping someone with more knowledge will chime in.

#73 Just Jack

Just Jack

Lifting things up and putting them down

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,831 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

I doubt the weights I'm doing right now are doing much muscle building...maybe some toning...but trust me...I'm not using much weight...although I am using the same weight for each station.

12 ounces beers? I don't think you're supposed to drink while working out.

#74 Rob's House

Rob's House

It's all good, it's all right, !@#$ all day, &a

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,744 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

Too bad I missed this thread. I went from 215 lb to 195 lb over the last 4-5 weeks. My secret was eating 1 sausage, egg, & cheese croissant in the morning instead of 2, 1 Whopper for lunch instead of 2, switched from coke to water, wine to whiskey, and coffee to adderall.

#75 Jim in Anchorage

Jim in Anchorage

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,125 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

Too bad I missed this thread. I went from 215 lb to 195 lb over the last 4-5 weeks. My secret was eating 1 sausage, egg, & cheese croissant in the morning instead of 2, 1 Whopper for lunch instead of 2, switched from coke to water, wine to whiskey, and coffee to adderall.

So you halved what you ate and lost weight. Shocking.

#76 bbb

bbb

UDFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,433 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

So you halved what you ate and lost weight. Shocking.

Does adderall have half the calories of coffee?

#77 Jim in Anchorage

Jim in Anchorage

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,125 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

Does adderall have half the calories of coffee?

I don't know what Adderall is. I think going from 2 to 1 whopper a day had more to do with it.

#78 Boyst62

Boyst62

Hall of Farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,680 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

Just dropped another 20lbs baby!! Cut off my head. According to my wife I wasn't using it much so why not.

everyone knows the human head weighs 9 lbs.

We all saw Jerry Maguire.

I weigh 229. I need to drop 25 lbs.

#79 Jim in Anchorage

Jim in Anchorage

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,125 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

Since your head is your brain, and basically you, would it not make more sense to say you cut your body off?

#80 Gugny

Gugny

TACOCAT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,929 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:57 AM

everyone knows the human head weighs 9 lbs.

We all saw Jerry Maguire.

I weigh 229. I need to drop 25 lbs.

204 at your height seems a little on the skinny side, doesn't it?