62 replies to this topic

#21 Boyst62

Boyst62

Hall of Farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,687 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:45 PM

Still at 230-234 range but down about 3/4" from 2 weeks ago on the waist line. I hope to get back to a 36" in a few months. Gosh, I'd be happy to be there again!

I used "Lose It! app on my I-phone and count calories- I lost 10 pounds not exercing that much, just staying under 1800 kcal/day. so for a 6'2" man, at 225lbs- that loses a 1 per week, and it really does work.

My biggest issue is drinking. 1.5 ounces of 100 proof whiskey is 123 calories. that **** adds up quick if I have 3-4 drinks when I get home, which I ususally do because I am bored. It also carves up 1800 kcal per day pretty easily, and yes I can stay under 1800 and do drinks, but you offset nutirion for alcohol... tha aint good.

I am now exercise 5 days per week for 45-60 minutes, so whe I go over wiht booze I don't freak... but I am certainyl in a calorie deficit day after day.

Its hard. My life is pretty routine right now and my wife and I have cut spending deep. We are saving to moving toward the end of the year and not work for a year (well, my wife wil be doing consultign remotely)- so not spending money means alot of tie o the couch dinking whiskey and watching Star Trek re-run... lol...

great job! Keep it up!

How about adding just 10 minutes to a workout - or taking the stairs to help combat those whiskey's?

#22 Wooderson

Wooderson

Alright, alright, alright

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:01 AM

Down almost 5 lbs in 13 days. Pretty happy with the progress so far. Had a rough weekend with two family parties and the Super Bowl so I'm looking forward to getting back on track this week.

#23 The Poojer

The Poojer

Just Your Everyday Bastard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,270 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:20 AM

ok, biggest loser starts today at work, just did my first weigh in....not happy with it but not unexpected...now i have 12 weeks to lose some lbs...do i have a goal in mind? sure but it's too aggressive so i need to scale it back so as to not disappoint myself.

#24 Wooderson

Wooderson

Alright, alright, alright

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:34 PM

ok, biggest loser starts today at work, just did my first weigh in....not happy with it but not unexpected...now i have 12 weeks to lose some lbs...do i have a goal in mind? sure but it's too aggressive so i need to scale it back so as to not disappoint myself.

It's OK if it's a long-term goal, you can keep working towards it. Just start slow as to not get discouraged and then get yourself in a routine to make it easier. I've been doing really well during the week, but it's the weekend that gets me.

#25 PO'14

PO'14

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

What kills me is in between 3:30 until supper time ( 6:00 )...Then after 10:00pm. My stomach starts to grumble so bad.

Its not a race Poojer. Over and Over again people that lose everything in a few months put it back on in the next 6 months.

All the best,

Curitiba

#26 Boyst62

Boyst62

Hall of Farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,687 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

Its a lifestyle change. Weeeeeeeee!

#27 PO'14

PO'14

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:28 PM

The lifestyle change that I have made so far is....Stopping the beer on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. So far in 36 days, I drank 1 day. The next day I felt like total crap. I thought I would miss drinking cuz it was something I did for the last 15 years on the weekend and sometimes during the week. I can tell you that I feel very good and dont have the need to have a beer whenever its hot, or I played golf or soccer.

Going slowly about my weight, but Im now at 104.5 from 106.7 ( and peaked at 108.6 ) from January 2nd. Am hoping to get to 100 Kilos by end of March if not before that!

Cheers

All

#28 Boyst62

Boyst62

Hall of Farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,687 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:01 PM

109.3 to 102.9

In 4 mos. Of course, who the heck knows how much I actually lost because I probably put on a lot of muscle. My squat sets went from 102 to 174.6

Yup all that is in kgs to confuse everyone.

#29 Just Jack

Just Jack

Lifting things up and putting them down

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,562 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:55 PM

Started road trip on Thursday at 106.4, gonna make an effort to watch what I eat and use the hotel gym. Will weigh myself after returning home, hope to see a loss. I want to be under 90.7 by the Home Opener.

#30 Boyst62

Boyst62

Hall of Farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,687 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

So, some how or another I got a knot in my back. Very unsettling. It's at my C5, if I measure right. It's just to the right of a vertebrae and not painful but can get very sore. Never had anything like this, hoping it's not a herniated disc. Kelly has me on bed rest... :censored:

But, I am down to 37 1/2" on waist!

Started road trip on Thursday at 106.4, gonna make an effort to watch what I eat and use the hotel gym. Will weigh myself after returning home, hope to see a loss. I want to be under 90.7 by the Home Opener.

Count the calories! MyFitnessPal. It is a girly idea but it really helps you remember it all adds up!

#31 thebandit27

thebandit27

Armchair Dynasty Architect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,356 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

Just want to throw this out there:

If anyone wants any help/support in their weight loss efforts, feel free to PM me.

I have trained plenty of folks and successfully helped them lose weight and keep it off in the past...and would be happy to do so for anyone that is serious about losing.

#32 Boyst62

Boyst62

Hall of Farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,687 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:53 PM

Did two sets of these today! Yeah!!!

#33 PO'14

PO'14

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:35 PM

Ive had a tough week, but havent put anything on, still hovering 105kgs. More importantly, have only been drunk 2 times in the last 44 days. Might not sound like a big deal to many, but I used to drink 3-5 times a week.

Other than that, Im heading to Colombia on Sunday to complete a Referee course ( golf ) and will be back on the 22. Will start running on Monday the 23rd.

BTW, still doing Pilates 3 times per week and still playing golf ( on my cart ) 3-4 times per week.

Cheers to all who are involved in this on going battle!

Edited by curitiba, 13 February 2014 - 06:36 PM.

#34 Just Jack

Just Jack

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,562 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:04 AM

Only dropped half a kilogram while on the road. Never made it to the fitness center in the hotels, but I do know I was eating less (sometimes).

#35 Just Jack

Just Jack

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,562 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:39 PM

1/2 hour on the treadmill this afternoon, according to the display, I burned just over 200 calories.

#36 Boyst62

Boyst62

Hall of Farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,687 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

1/2 hour on the treadmill this afternoon, according to the display, I burned just over 200 calories.

great job!

#37 Just Jack

Just Jack

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,562 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

Approx 3lbs (too lazy to convert to kg) over the last week. Less eating and one workout. Now if I could only do that each week...

#38 PO'14

PO'14

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:19 PM

Ash Wednesday starts tomorrow. I have cut back on Alcohol quite a bit. but not too my wishes since my trip to Colombia. I realize that routine is the key. Going to Bogota 2 weeks ago totally took me out of my routine and I haven't bounced back yet. HOWEVER: Ash Wednesday starts tomorrow and I will go hard until Easter. Im still hovering 105.4 Kilos. Down 1.3 Kilos since January 1. Cheers MOFOS!

#39 PO'14

PO'14

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:33 AM

As written above. I went hard since Wednesday. Eating very little and since I was a little under the weather, I haven't exercised. So low calories and very disciplined on what I was eating went over well with my weight. This morning.................103.7 Kilos. Down 3 kilos ( 6.6 pounds ) since January 1! The weirdest thing this week. I was able to control my stress levels, and everytime I ate I asked myself what was the purpose of my eating. I made sure to answer, to serve a purpose and stop my grumbling stomach. A few snacks or a small meal and everytime the grumbling went away. I believe the secret is to control the stress around you that makes you open the fridge. We shall see how it goes in the next few days. Cheers

#40 Boyst62

Boyst62

Hall of Farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,687 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:33 AM

101.6 kg! 36.75" waist.