4 replies to this topic

#1 The Poojer

The Poojer

Just Your Everyday Bastard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,437 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:02 AM

Only looking for info on Planet Fitness, not the Y, not Average Joes, just Planet Fitness.  They are running a special, 20.00/mo 1 year commitment.  I need to do something, I can't do this thing on my own, no clue what i am doing and i don't seem to be progressing.  There are websites with all sorts of complaints about their pricing practices.  My intent would be to get them to clearly state any and all fees involved in the 12 month membership.  the out clause at the end, i will send monthly cancellation requests with my end date if it comes to it.  I understand it isn't the most complete gym out there, but i am happy with cardio and circuit training, don't need free weights and mirrors.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

#2 The Real Buffalo Joe

The Real Buffalo Joe

Cookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 01:16 PM

They have free pizza once a week or something, if that tells you what kind of gym they are.

#3 ExiledInIllinois

ExiledInIllinois

Making It Flow Backwards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,776 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:50 PM

A fella @ work joined the one here.  I think he said they are always hawking/selling something...  Kinda an ala carte system?  Is that the reason they are so low in price?  Not too much complaint from him.  Then there is the crazy story about cross-genders and dudes in the female lockerrooms.  I think PF's policy is: "whatever you feel that you are, that's the lockerroom you use."  Or... Was that LA Fitness?  LoL...  Looking to score?  Sorry, I couldn't resist Pooj!  :D

Anyway, for 240 a year... I guess you can't go wrong... What?  Are they going to make you go to the gym?

Good luck Pooj!

BTW... Have you figured out your BMR and gone from there on the other end of the equation?  Cut all sugar out (for a while @ least)  That end of the equation is still holdiing great for me.  Something has to get your body in fat burning mode!  Like I have been saying (I know ad nauseam) intermittant fasting does it for me.  Have you tried that?  Serious reduction of calories coupled with only slight to moderate exercise?  I am still in the camp that people grossly overestimate how much they burn.  Hence, they eat way too much!  Especially, drink way too many calories!

Oh... Sorry to get off track w/PF... Cut all sugar AND alcohol for a while, until you can find the sweet spot that gets your body burning fat w/out even busting your butt! 

#4 LBSeeBallLBGetBall

LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,518 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:51 PM

I know this is a late response, but I have had no issues with PF. The $10/month plan let's you use your home gym. The $20/month plan gets you black card membership which allows you to use any of their gyms and has other perks. I just have the basic plan. I just signed up a little over a month ago so I have no cancelation horror stories.

It's got everything you need if you're just looking to get in shape. I go in at 5am every morning and do an hour of cardio and 30 minutes of weights to keep things balanced. It's nice going early because the gym I go to is dead that early so you can have your pick of any machine you want. Also, most people there at that time are just there grinding to get it out of the way before work and mind their own business. No gym tools. Another thing good about it is the TV's. For me, cardio is boring and chorelike and music sometimes doesn't do the trick so it's nice to be able to watch Sportscenter or one of the news channels. It makes the time go by quicker.

It's been great for me. I started on 3/29 and I've lost 32 lbs already. Feel great and have a lot more energy for the day than I did before I started working out.

Good luck to you.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall, 05 May 2016 - 02:05 PM.

#5 LBSeeBallLBGetBall

LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,518 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:00 AM

Still going strong. Best decision I've made in years was getting a membership there. Down 90 lbs since 3/29 and still losing 1-2 lbs per week.