2 replies to this topic

#1 Rubes

Rubes

The Doctor of Football...is IN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,401 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:47 PM

There are few things in this world that elicit rage and scorn from me in this day and age like autoplay video ads on web sites. In fact, I believe there are two things in this world that I would like to see completely wiped off the face of the planet: mosquitoes, and autoplay video ads.

I've been coming to this site for as long as it's been around, and today was the very first day that I came here to find a video ad suddenly playing on the TBD home page. Needless to say, I was supremely shocked and disappointed.

Have I missed something? Is this a new policy? I'm all for supporting ads for this place, giving donations to support this place, whatever it takes. But I can hardly express the level of disappointment I have to see autoplay video ads on the home page. Is there anything we can do about this?

#2 SDS

SDS

What price for a cobra's egg?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:09 PM

Like with any support issue, more information is better than less. What was the ad for? Was there sound or just video?

I don't personally approve each ad. Ads are served through USA Today and Google.

With that said, I don't normally accept any ads that have sound and have sent in an inquiry about it. Video with no sound doesn't bother me all that much to be honest.

#3 Best Player Available

Best Player Available

Rogue Shill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,435 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:45 PM

Like with any support issue, more information is better than less. What was the ad for? Was there sound or just video?
I don't personally approve each ad. Ads are served through USA Today and Google.
With that said, I don't normally accept any ads that have sound and have sent in an inquiry about it. Video with no sound doesn't bother me all that much to be honest.

IDK. Lately just here I am constantly getting a error occured and have to do a automatic reload. Just On Apple devices and I always suspect malware from ads. Video or otherwise. In parituclar the stadium wall. The last 2 days it has been better. The old amway ad always caused issues. use a windows machine no problems. Apple claims it is malware when I said it only happens at one site. I have done all the standard fixes on I-Krap and it does Nothing. Since you don't control the ads makes me even more suspious. I thought you did control them.