SDS

What price for a cobra's egg?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,168 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:30 AM

Here is what I have so far:

http://wp.twobillsdrive.com

Not too much different than we have now. I have to work on the article entry format. I'm thinking we will add "author" to the entries if gbid is willing. Still trying to decide on the header/logo. Do people like the logo on TSW? I would drop the "12". The idea was to riff off of:

http://www.buffalone...58.jpg&maxW=960

Thoughts?

#2 Canadian Bills Fan

Canadian Bills Fan

When it's too tough for them it's just right for us

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,135 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:40 AM

Looks good.

Nothing has changed though that will get TSW blocked though right?

CBF

#3 Chilly

Chilly

Formerly Known as BlueFire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,249 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:56 AM

I would say the only real downside I see here is that I only really see one article on the screen at a time, while I could see multiple headlines on the old one.  

#4 \GoBillsInDallas/

\GoBillsInDallas/

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,557 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:49 AM

The only comment that I have is that, like it or not, the majority of TBD viewers in the future will be using phones or tablets (and the desktop view will go the way of the dinosaur). Therefore, the page should be designed to accommodate phones and tablets.

#5 SDS

SDS

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,168 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 12:01 PM

I would say the only real downside I see here is that I only really see one article on the screen at a time, while I could see multiple headlines on the old one.  

"I have to work on the article entry format."

As I mentioned up front, I am working on this. However, when all is said and done, it will not have the same cramped feeling as the current design. Readability will take priority over information per square inch.

The only comment that I have is that, like it or not, the majority of TBD viewers in the future will be using phones or tablets (and the desktop view will go the way of the dinosaur). Therefore, the page should be designed to accommodate phones and tablets.

Are you saying the mobile view is currently broken? I will be be making a mobile friendly header with a drop-down menu, but that is the next level of design. Currently, everything is mobile responsive and looks good on my iphone 6s+, although as mentioned - I am working on the article format/presentation.

#6 snafu

snafu

Thriving (sometimes)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:33 PM

On the new home page banner there won't be "resources" ,"buffalo sabres", and "history"?

#7 Chilly

Chilly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,249 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:06 AM

"I have to work on the article entry format."

As I mentioned up front, I am working on this. However, when all is said and done, it will not have the same cramped feeling as the current design. Readability will take priority over information per square inch.

My bad, I misinterpreted what that meant.

#8 BringBackFergy

BringBackFergy

Eternally Optimistic Some of the Time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,776 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:35 AM

I like it. Clean and refined. Easy to scroll down and pick out an article I want to read or jump straight to TSW.

Looks good SDS!!   :thumbsup:

#9 SDS

SDS

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,168 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:27 PM

So, the mobile menu has been fixed and is now collapsable. Two Bills Drive now fits on one line in mobile and progress has been made on the article entry format...

#10 SDS

SDS

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,168 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:14 PM

Coded in relative time stamps. This works up until the article is a week old. After that - it gets a normal Month Day, Year date. Seems like a good comprimise between usability and knowing when we posted it exactly (for older articles).

#11 Chilly

Chilly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,249 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:21 PM

Very easy to scroll through articles on mobile. Nice work there!

Edited by Chilly, 21 May 2016 - 08:21 PM.

#12 SDS

SDS

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,168 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:43 PM

Very easy to scroll through articles on mobile. Nice work there!

I will probably add some sort of "load more" button at the bottom. There really isn't a need for pagination in this case. People rarely go to page 2.