7 replies to this topic

#1 SDS

SDS

What price for a cobra's egg?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,212 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:49 AM

I currently have them both installed to gauge preferences. 

http://wp.twobillsdrive.com/

Formatting the "Load More" isn't complete. Trying to decide what is the preferred UI design... Which do you prefer?

#2 Chilly

Chilly

Formerly Known as BlueFire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,287 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 02:12 PM

I like Load More personally.  Nice and quick.

#3 Rubes

Rubes

The Doctor of Football...is IN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,437 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 11:44 PM

Assuming we're only talking about the TBD home page showing news stories, I do like the Load More idea.

I've seen plenty of sites that automatically "load more" when you scroll down far enough (instead of clicking a button). What about that idea? I've always kind of liked that.

#4 Acantha

Acantha

Shepherd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,291 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:58 AM

Load more, and I agree with Rubes, the auto-load more is usually great. 

#5 SDS

SDS

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,212 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 09:33 AM

I would need more convincing on auto-load. The problem is that you can literally never have anything below the feed making the front page design rather limited. I think the Load More button that loads 5-10 more posts is a nice compromise.

Unfortunately, I emptied the database to make way for a proper import of the old data, so there isn't much to demo now.

#6 Nanker

Nanker

The Beer Was Cold!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,370 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:58 AM

Question on the Load More: I get that you emptied the db so I'm not sure how it worked before you did that. What I'm seeing now is a skeleton of the articles already listed. I get that that may be all you have left in there. My question is about how the additional loaded posts look. They don't have the article graphic in the ULH corner like the original ones

do, and they have different formatting - underlined unbolded. Is that how additional articles will look, or is that just a reflection of the fact that they are duplicates?

Regardless, I like the feature.

Signed, [/latetotheparty]

24ak2.jpg

#7 SDS

SDS

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,212 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:06 AM

I currently have them both installed to gauge preferences. 

http://wp.twobillsdrive.com/

Formatting the "Load More" isn't complete. Trying to decide what is the preferred UI design... Which do you prefer?

Question on the Load More: I get that you emptied the db so I'm not sure how it worked before you did that. What I'm seeing now is a skeleton of the articles already listed. I get that that may be all you have left in there. My question is about how the additional loaded posts look. They don't have the article graphic in the ULH corner like the original ones

do, and they have different formatting - underlined unbolded. Is that how additional articles will look, or is that just a reflection of the fact that they are duplicates?

Regardless, I like the feature.

Signed, [/latetotheparty]

#8 Nanker

Nanker

The Beer Was Cold!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,370 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:20 PM

Got it. I kind of like the top one better, but it seems to take a bit more space than the second style.

If it were up to me, I'd go with the top one with the graphic, and load more 5 or so at a time.

Thanks Scott!