18 replies to this topic

#1 Just Jack

Just Jack

Lifting things up and putting them down

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,812 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 07:09 PM

In case you're still looking for input, I think the Consumer Forum, Health and Fitness, and Goal Line Blitz can go. They rarely see any new posts. GLB hasn't been used since 2011.

#2 mead107

mead107

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 09:14 AM

None

#3 ExiledInIllinois

ExiledInIllinois

Making It Flow Backwards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,192 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 12:29 AM

We gotta get Meade down to 250 (okay, at least 275) before you touch H&F!

;-) :-)

#4 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,508 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:30 PM

All the forums should be removed except TSW, OTW & PPP .When threads get moved to other forums they basically die and what is the point in that? Don't we want a lot of traffic on here?

#5 mead107

mead107

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:01 PM

We gotta get Meade down to 250 (okay, at least 275) before you touch H&F!
;-) :-)

i am trying.

#6 Bad Things

Bad Things

expat in New Zealand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:04 PM

I personally think the PPP forum should go.

All it really does is divide people, which unfortunately spills over to TSW forum.

#7 ExiledInIllinois

ExiledInIllinois

Making It Flow Backwards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,192 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:16 PM

All it really does is divide people, which unfortunately spills over to TSW forum.

My God!!! NO!!! PPP acts like flypaper now. Take it down and it is like launching toxic waste towards the sun only to have the rocket malfunction before the payload escapes Earth's atmosphere!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois, 05 September 2017 - 08:16 PM.

#8 Gugny

Gugny

TACOCAT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,882 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:47 PM

Baseball forum can go, IMO.  We baseball fans usually strike up conversation in threads on OTW that don't take up a lot of space.

#9 Bad Things

Bad Things

expat in New Zealand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:41 AM

My God!!! NO!!! PPP acts like flypaper now. Take it down and it is like launching toxic waste towards the sun only to have the rocket malfunction before the payload escapes Earth's atmosphere!

:lol:   Classic!   :worthy:

#10 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,508 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:38 PM

I want a forum just for football, the main board can easily handle college and professional football.

We had a draft thread that was maintained from one draft to the next. But for some reason that isn't being allowed this year.

#11 Watkins101

Watkins101

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:01 PM

I want a forum just for football, the main board can easily handle college and professional football.

We had a draft thread that was maintained from one draft to the next. But for some reason that isn't being allowed this year.

+1. The 2017 mock drafts and top prospects was a fantastic thread last year. I tried starting a 2018 version, and it got going but then it was moved to the college football thread and died. If we just left one 2018 draft thread in tsw, the would be fine.

#12 ShadyBillsFan

ShadyBillsFan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:32 PM

better there than the main board or the fun loving OTW

#13 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,508 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:30 PM

+1. The 2017 mock drafts and top prospects was a fantastic thread last year. I tried starting a 2018 version, and it got going but then it was moved to the college football thread and died. If we just left one 2018 draft thread in tsw, the would be fine.

Couldn't agree more. I started a thread about putting a direct link from the TSW to The College Football Forum, just like OTW is. It was getting good traction and it mysteriously disappeared and know one knows what happened to it.

#14 KD in CA

KD in CA

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,714 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:37 PM

Baseball forum can go, IMO.  We baseball fans usually strike up conversation in threads on OTW that don't take up a lot of space.

At least until one of the mindless, anal, robots moves it to the dormant baseball thread where it quickly dies.   But I guess one MLB thread each season would clog up OTW too much.    :rolleyes:

#15 Watkins101

Watkins101

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:47 PM

Is anything going to be acted on with mine and buffalo barbarian's suggestions?

#16 ExiledInIllinois

ExiledInIllinois

Making It Flow Backwards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,192 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:42 PM

Is anything going to be acted on with mine and buffalo barbarian's suggestions?

No, heck No! Crystal clear, you broke the rules! ;-)

Sec 37B of the ToS!

"Wrong, sir! Wrong! Under section 37B of the contract signed by him, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy - "I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained," et cetera, et cetera..."Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum," et cetera, et cetera..."Memo bis punitor delicatum!" It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! You stole fizzy lifting drinks. You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!"

#17 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,508 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:30 PM

No, heck No! Crystal clear, you broke the rules! ;-)
Sec 37B of the ToS!
"Wrong, sir! Wrong! Under section 37B of the contract signed by him, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy - "I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained," et cetera, et cetera..."Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum," et cetera, et cetera..."Memo bis punitor delicatum!" It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! You stole fizzy lifting drinks. You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!"

Go to PPP :)

#18 plenzmd1

plenzmd1

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,507 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:49 AM

I think it would be great to have a  separate, pinned thread on TSW for selling nothing but Bills tickets. Keep theTrading Post for memorabilia etc. Think a lot of folks just plain don't know the TRading Post exists, and its a benefit to all Bills fans to have a place to buy/sell without the secondary fees.

#19 Just Jack

Just Jack

Lifting things up and putting them down

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,812 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:53 AM

I think it would be great to have a  separate, pinned thread on TSW for selling nothing but Bills tickets. Keep theTrading Post for memorabilia etc. Think a lot of folks just plain don't know the TRading Post exists, and its a benefit to all Bills fans to have a place to buy/sell without the secondary fees.

See my post in the re-org thread, I have it moved under the Stadium Wall. I think this is an acceptable compromise.