3 replies to this topic

#1 1B4IDie

1B4IDie

Down with a Discount

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:31 AM

I've been working with Tapatalk customer service to address an issue on twobillsdrive forums. They believe the plugin that is used on twobillsdrive is an old version and there is a newer plugin that will work with the updated app. https://tapatalk.com...oad_IPBoard.php

Anyone using tapatalk app to view two bills drive forums cannot see if a post is written by the poster or is a quoted post. This is obviously very confusing and renders the app useless. I did enjoy the tapatalk app view and some of the notifications more than the IPBoard mobile view. There are some convient navigation options in long posts with Tapatalk too.

I know yous guys all work very hard to keep the site going. If it is not too much trouble and it iseasy to do can someone update the tapatalk plugin? https://tapatalk.com...oad_IPBoard.php

Thank you.

#2 SDS

SDS

What price for a cobra's egg?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,212 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:26 AM

I've actually tried removing tapatalk. No idea how it still works since I've deleted the files.

#3 ExiledInIllinois

ExiledInIllinois

Making It Flow Backwards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,168 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:12 PM

If you don't want to answer SDS, I respect that greatly. You always make great choices.

I figured as much. Is there a reason? Again, if I am not worthy an answer... I am cool with it. It is your place and you make great decisions, why I come here!

Back when Tapatalk was offered, I stayed away from it like the plague. I never used it.

Just curious. Is it a "keep simple" approach, or is there privacy, etc... Issues? Something else. Does it bloat things up?

Any other techies care to offere their incite, if it doesn't offend tge sensibilities of a great board.

I am just curious. This is how I kinda learn. LoL... If you want to call it learning... ;-)

#4 1B4IDie

1B4IDie

Down with a Discount

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 12:45 AM

I've actually tried removing tapatalk. No idea how it still works since I've deleted the files.

Thanks.
It looks like their support was correct.

Do they try to steal your ad revenue? I was wondering how they make money.

I guess I'll delete that app.