1731 replies to this topic

#1721 jeffismagic

jeffismagic

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:56 AM

This thread should be pinned on the Chiefs' message board now. The milk has already been spilled here. :lol:

No, just correcting people like Alpha guy who insist their crappy mock draft from February was the same as an NFL team's draft board!

#1722 H2o

H2o

2017 - Offseason is the Season of Hope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,419 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 06:03 AM

No, just correcting people like Alpha guy who insist their crappy mock draft from February was the same as an NFL team's draft board!

All the stories coming out now are just that, stories. We don't know for sure who was after whom and how desperately. It's the offseason, the reporters have to get clicks. We know the Chiefs wanted him bad enough to give up next year's first. Reid is a pretty good evaluator of talent at the position I would like to think. Doesn't change my opinion that he won't be what a lot of people claim, but I'm just a guy on a message board.

#1723 jeffismagic

jeffismagic

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 06:07 AM

All the stories coming out now are just that, stories. We don't know for sure who was after whom and how desperately. It's the offseason, the reporters have to get clicks. We know the Chiefs wanted him bad enough to give up next year's first. Reid is a pretty good evaluator of talent at the position I would like to think. Doesn't change my opinion that he won't be what a lot of people claim, but I'm just a guy on a message board.

Bills put themselves in a position where a first time head coach was also acting as GM. Sean was picking players off a board from people he planned on firing. Let's hope Sean is smarter than the other GM's who were calling up for the QB's.

#1724 BuffaloHokie13

BuffaloHokie13

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 07:03 AM

Patrick Mahomes is Kansas City-bound after the Chiefs engineered a trade with the Bills to take him at No. 10 overall, which means he'll likely spend the coming season learning from Alex Smith. But it turns out Mahomes was oh so close to being bound for northern New Jersey to spend the coming season learning from Eli Manning.

ESPN's Anita Marks reported Friday that the Giants tried to trade up for Mahomes, but ultimately failed in that endeavor. Now, the Giants are "very upset."

http://www.cbssports...atrick-mahomes/

Giants were the trade I expected to happen leading up to our pick, but McD ultimately got more value out of the Chiefs and made a deal within his coaching tree.

#1725 Doc

Doc

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,157 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:22 AM

Poor Giants are very upset.

#1726 DaBillsFanSince1973

DaBillsFanSince1973

grammatically incorrect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 09:36 AM

so this board is now supporting discussion of the chiefs rookie QB?

#1727 John from Hemet

John from Hemet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,921 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:56 AM

its time to move on from this....Mahonnes is going to dissapear into the Chiefs bench for 2 years........

meanwhile....we did just draft 6 players that are well worth discussing

#1728 H2o

H2o

2017 - Offseason is the Season of Hope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,419 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:30 AM

Bills put themselves in a position where a first time head coach was also acting as GM. Sean was picking players off a board from people he planned on firing. Let's hope Sean is smarter than the other GM's who were calling up for the QB's.

Or he could have been picking players from the board of a man he plans on hiring  :thumbsup:

#1729 John from Hemet

John from Hemet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,921 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:33 AM

Or he could have been picking players from the board of a man he plans on hiring  :thumbsup:

There is that

I think McD is a pretty smart guy.....something tells me he didnt just rely on outgoing personnel for his draft picks....maybe the talent evaluation of the two different sources actually matched up pretty well anyway.

#1730 Big Blitz

Big Blitz

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:46 AM

..016280bed717e459402da15ca3a6b0aa.jpg Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

#1731 Royale with Cheese

Royale with Cheese

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:00 AM

This thread is still going huh?

#1732 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

Show me the baby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59,472 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:12 AM

@ChiefsReporter

In an exclusive interview, Brett Favre explains why Patrick Mahomes is in the perfect situation w/ Andy Reid. READ: http://chfs.me/2poLyHw

C_jtqLLVwAAauk1.jpg