167 replies to this topic

#161 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 55,866 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:36 AM

FWIW, that's the conclusion I came to as well by the press conference and what they've been doing.

They say they want to win now, so you don't bet the farm on a shaky QB class this year. It would be a colossal bad idea to cut Shady now, and only marginally better to trade him. 

I love the way our D-line is now looking.

Looking at what the McD scheme has prioritized in Carolina and Philly, it is DT and LB. CB and Safety he used smart, capable guys but didn't need studs. Even Josh Norman, though he developed into a top CB, was a 6th rd pick from eastern Carolina and a relatively unknown guy until his breakout season (which was his 4th season). With that in mind I think they will put priority on signing an LB in FA like AJ Klein and possibly resign zach brown, bring in a couple mid tier vets at safety and cb, and then hit up the draft but might not go safety or CB in the first round. Wouldn't be shocked to see a QB or WR. Jmo.

Edited by YoloinOhio, 02 March 2017 - 07:37 AM.

#162 Not at the table Karlos

Not at the table Karlos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,798 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:46 AM

I was thinking there has to be an obese idiot McDermott brother out there somewhere, right? I mean, this whole "I'm the anti-Rex" thing can't be 100% true. So I looked, and guess what? He is the anti-Rex! His brother:

https://www.linkedin...n/timmcdermott2

Cornell B.A., Harvard M.B.A. Chiseled middle aged bald guy. Sean McDermott probably has an irrational aversion to female feet too.

Tim is coming for Russ's job.

#163 ndirish1978

ndirish1978

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:56 PM

Listen to his interview with Florio. This team isn't a tank, but he's aware of "where they are right now" as a team. Expectations are not through the roof. 

#164 LangleyBillsFan

LangleyBillsFan

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:16 PM

I find it refreshing that McD is focusing more on football and not focused on being the clown in front of the camera like Rex.

#165 Bangarang

Bangarang

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,730 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:54 PM

Listen to his interview with Florio. This team isn't a tank, but he's aware of "where they are right now" as a team. Expectations are not through the roof. 

So he doesn't think we're fully pregnant yet?

#166 ndirish1978

ndirish1978

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:50 PM

So he doesn't think we're fully pregnant yet?

Well, it's a process...

#167 Augie

Augie

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,232 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:56 PM

Well, it's a process...

The "process" is the best part!

#168 3rdand12

3rdand12