Photo

Have any of you gone vegetarian or vegan?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Just Jack

Just Jack

Lifting things up and putting them down

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,589 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:49 AM

Lost 135 pounds since I started eating vegan in about 3 months. Eating as much raw vegan as possible also. Lots of problems disappearing.

Is that number correct? 135 pounds in three months? That's over a pound a day.

#22 Sherlock Holmes

Sherlock Holmes

UDFA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:22 AM

Is that number correct? 135 pounds in three months? That's over a pound a day.

Jack, yes that number is correct! I noticed about a pound a day. Some mornings I would weigh myself and it would seem I gained back a pound or two but it was just water weight.

#23 Just Jack

Just Jack

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,589 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 12:40 PM

Jack, yes that number is correct! I noticed about a pound a day. Some mornings I would weigh myself and it would seem I gained back a pound or two but it was just water weight.

Did you measure out portions, or just eat as many veggies and fruit as you'd like?

#24 Sherlock Holmes

Sherlock Holmes

UDFA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:39 PM

Did you measure out portions, or just eat as many veggies and fruit as you'd like?

No portions at all, no calories, just as many fruits as possible when I was hungry. Also fresh fruit juices mixed with herb juice that I made in my juicer usually 32 oz at a time.

I usually had a large salad during when I used to eat dinner.

I just cut the meat and dairy out and the pounds started finally falling off. Amazing, Thank God!

Edited by Sherlock Holmes, 22 July 2017 - 06:48 PM.

#25 Just Jack

Just Jack

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,589 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:43 PM

No portions at all, no calories, just as many fruits as possible when I was hungry. Also fresh fruit juices mixed with herb juice that I made in my juicer usually 32 oz at a time.

I usually had a large salad during when I used to eat dinner.

I just cut the meat and dairy out and the pounds started finally falling off. Amazing, Thank God!

I'm interested, but would still want to keep some meat in my diet, like more chicken/fish instead of beef. (Don't tell Boyst)

#26 joesixpack

joesixpack

Hell Bent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,040 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 09:58 AM

I've lost about 30 lb by making half my meals vegan.

I still eat meat or dairy the other half.

#27 ExiledInIllinois

ExiledInIllinois

Making It Flow Backwards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,780 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 11:37 AM

I've lost about 30 lb by making half my meals vegan.

I still eat meat or dairy the other half.

Yep! Same here. The meat is the killer. Why do you think all these vegans are weak and wimpy looking!

I offer to grill a steak or burger every time. My daughter looks on in disgust. What are they teaching these kids?

GOD I hope they open the draft up for women. Here's a 100 pound pack 80 pound draftee. At least Army won't have any chaffing problems with all the thigh gap out there.

:-/

#28 aristocrat

aristocrat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 11:49 AM

If you don't eat meat those animals will eat you Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#29 ExiledInIllinois

ExiledInIllinois

Making It Flow Backwards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,780 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 12:39 PM

If you don't eat meat those animals will eat youSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good one... I gotta remember that one! LoL

Was @ SeoulTaco (N.Clark, Chicago) this weekend:

http://www.seoultaco.com

Of course daughter opts for tofu tacos... Not bad, but how do you NOT get the bulgogi, kimchi fried rice burrito!

Lady behind counter goes: "Is she (my daughter) a Vegan? Because nachos (we got the nachos too) have fish sauce."

I wasn't totally embarrassed, I said: "She eats seafood." Thank God! ;-)

Anyway... I mentioned earlier somewhere... Gotta have the best Korean-Mexican in the world. I wish they would expand to suburbs!

#30 Sherlock Holmes

Sherlock Holmes

UDFA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 01:02 PM

I'm interested, but would still want to keep some meat in my diet, like more chicken/fish instead of beef. (Don't tell Boyst)

Lol, I won't tell Boyst. I tried keeping meat and dairy in my diet and eliminating fried foods but could not lose more than a few pounds at a time and would always gain back my weight.

Now I see why, the meat and dairy lol. I feel better than ever and happier than ever. Fresh fruits and juices are where it's at! I suggest trying to find as many tropical fruits and trying them all until you find a bunch you love.

Most of the fruits we get around here are boring and the markets don't carry much in the way of organic fresh fruit.

Yep! Same here. The meat is the killer. Why do you think all these vegans are weak and wimpy looking!
I offer to grill a steak or burger every time. My daughter looks on in disgust. What are they teaching these kids?
GOD I hope they open the draft up for women. Here's a 100 pound pack 80 pound draftee. At least Army won't have any chaffing problems with all the thigh gap out there.
:-/

Haha I was a Navy Corpsman(medic) for the Marines, sometimes we just have to do not so manly things to get healthy. Lol