53 replies to this topic

#21 GunnerBill

GunnerBill

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,836 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:16 PM

How could we play the Falcons and the Packers in the same year?   Different divisions.

Ice Bowl is a Packers fan.  He is talking about the Packers.  

#22 billsfan11

billsfan11

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:19 PM

Random post haha. But little bit of both. I think the bills defence came to play, but from what i remember that game, A rod and his receivers were off rhythm big time. They usually make those back shoulder throws in their sleep, and I remember them really struggling doing that against the bills

#23 Rubes

Rubes

The Doctor of Football...is IN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,417 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:33 PM

That game was a huuuuge relief for me. I work in a place where there are several Packers fans, and only one Bills fan. I had to give a presentation to everyone later that week, so my Powerpoint slides all used photos from the game as the background.

It was a solid game from the defense for certain, and that was the difference, I think. But even then, it still took a Jordy drop and a last-minute defensive strip-sack to save the win. Our offense was unwatchable then.

#24 GunnerBill

GunnerBill

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,836 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:37 PM

That game was a huuuuge relief for me. I work in a place where there are several Packers fans, and only one Bills fan. I had to give a presentation to everyone later that week, so my Powerpoint slides all used photos from the game as the background.

It was a solid game from the defense for certain, and that was the difference, I think. But even then, it still took a Jordy drop and a last-minute defensive strip-sack to save the win. Our offense was unwatchable then.

Yea the Jordy drop was a break.  I remember a lot of people when Rodgers got the ball inside his 5 with the game on the line were saying in the shoutbox "watch they will march 95 yards and win" and I was saying "no way... our defense is going to make a play" I think I even called a Mario sack for a safety.  That's how hot the D was that day.  

Edited by GunnerBill, 20 March 2017 - 12:37 PM.

#25 Ice bowl 67

Ice bowl 67

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:38 PM

That loss didnt hurt that much as we lost to a classy team.

#26 FireChan

FireChan

All Pro

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,964 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:40 PM

Yea the Jordy drop was a break.  I remember a lot of people when Rodgers got the ball inside his 5 with the game on the line were saying in the shoutbox "watch they will march 95 yards and win" and I was saying "no way... our defense is going to make a play" I think I even called a Mario sack for a safety.  That's how hot the D was that day.  

Yeah but GIlmore also dropped an easy pick six.  It was a wash.

#27 Captain Murica

Captain Murica

I'm the Captain now.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:44 PM

Our defense was on another level that day, between their physicality and tenacity, the team seemed like it was on a mission. 

I remember we picked up Rambo that week and he ends up making two interceptions, once which he jumped beautifully. 

nQiX.gif

#28 H2o

H2o

2017 - Offseason is the Season of Hope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,138 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:50 PM

They were... until they hired Rex.

Boom  :thumbsup:

#29 row_33

row_33

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:51 PM

Didn't they drop 4 or 5 wide open throws for large yardage on Rodgers?

#30 Ice bowl 67

Ice bowl 67

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:52 PM

Didn't they drop 4 or 5 wide open throws for large yardage on Rodgers?

Jordy dropped a possible touchdown. He was wide open and Rodgers overthrew him.

#31 Ramza86

Ramza86

UDFA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:54 PM

I remember that game because my brother is a big time Pack fan. 

The one thing I remember is how well the defense played....but we were one Jordy Nelson drop away from losing.

Should have been a blowout if the offense was any good.

Edited by Ramza86, 20 March 2017 - 12:54 PM.

#32 #BADOL

#BADOL

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:54 PM

I think Jordy's drop killed them. He probably would have outrun Aaron Williams and gone to the house, and that would have changed the game.

The Gilmore dropped pick 6 made that a wash.

There are times when people say......"he should've intercepted that, it would have been 6" when it was actually a tough grab............but the ball Gilmore dropped.......sheesh, that was literally as certain of a pick 6 as you can have that far from the goal line.

#33 Buddy Hix

Buddy Hix

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:55 PM

I think Jordy's drop killed them. He probably would have outrun Aaron Williams and gone to the house, and that would have changed the game.

That's how I feel as well, the drop was the game changer.

That being said it is easily the best game I have been too.

#34 FireChan

FireChan

All Pro

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,964 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:55 PM

Our defense was on another level that day, between their physicality and tenacity, the team seemed like it was on a mission. 

I remember we picked up Rambo that week and he ends up making two interceptions, once which he jumped beautifully. 

nQiX.gif

Rodgers telegraphed that.  He had the easy TD.

#35 Ice bowl 67

Ice bowl 67

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:56 PM

That's how I feel as well, the drop was the game changer.

That being said it is easily the best game I have been too.

Any Packer fans at the game?

#36 QB Bills

QB Bills

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:57 PM

nQiX.gif

Look at poor Nelson up top..haha

It's weird though, I thought only Tyrod missed guys running down the field completely wide open.

#37 dpberr

dpberr

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:01 PM

Bolded = we don't need our former 1st rd pick though by many here?

If I recall there was a HUGE uncharacteristic drop by Jordy Nelson for a sure score.  We had a outstanding rush D on Rodgers all day. 

Eh, you could say the same for All-Pro Bacarri Rambo that day too.  

#38 ScottLaw

ScottLaw

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:03 PM

That defense was so overrated.😂

#39 BillnutinHouston

BillnutinHouston

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,618 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:25 PM

Any Packer fans at the game?

It was actually loaded with Packers fans. I would say maybe 40% of the stadium was yellow.

I was surprised (disappointed) at the overall conduct from the Packers faithful, I would have expected better. Can't recall specifics but I just remember being surprised.

Edited by BillnutinHouston, 20 March 2017 - 01:26 PM.

#40 Ice bowl 67

Ice bowl 67

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:18 PM

It was actually loaded with Packers fans. I would say maybe 40% of the stadium was yellow.

I was surprised (disappointed) at the overall conduct from the Packers faithful, I would have expected better. Can't recall specifics but I just remember being surprised.

You mean they weren't too nice? I'm sorry to hear that. Most of us like the Bills in Wisconsin.