386 replies to this topic

#381 DaBillsFanSince1973

DaBillsFanSince1973

grammatically incorrect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:01 PM

Yes, I hate seeing them lose. That's why I hope they start flying right. But I've been waiting for a long time.

If we're going to have a bad year I will feel much better if we have a young QB with potential who can play. Otherwise, this can be a very dark year. Nothing is worse than a bad team that doesn't know they are a bad team and my worst case scenario is that our management team is way in over their head.

glad I don't see it your way, I'm looking forward to the season.

#382 OldTimeAFLGuy

OldTimeAFLGuy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,596 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:13 PM

glad I don't see it your way, I'm looking forward to the season.

...ditto bud.....it is a new era with McCoach......don't expect miracles the first year, but the negative Nellies and their crap do get old.....year 55 for me and I still follow them......maybe darts or horseshoes should be in their repertoire.....Jesus.....

#383 JM2009

JM2009

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:17 PM

...ditto bud.....it is a new era with McCoach......don't expect miracles the first year, but the negative Nellies and their crap do get old.....year 55 for me and I still follow them......maybe darts or horseshoes should be in their repertoire.....Jesus.....

17 years straight without a playoff appearance is embarrassing. No excuse for that. Even Cleveland made it once.55 years is a long time. You're probably numb to the losing.

#384 OldTimeAFLGuy

OldTimeAFLGuy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,596 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:39 PM

17 years straight without a playoff appearance is embarrassing. No excuse for that. Even Cleveland made it once.55 years is a long time. You're probably numb to the losing.

....embarrassing?.....more like repulsive.....not sure why I want to endure year 55 of following this club.....here is the Cliff Notes version of the "abysmal 17+".....the DonoHOLE era set this club back a decade....sure he inherited cap jail from Butler...BUT....Tom Terrific's ego and freakish control nature set the ball rolling starting with his insistence of being anointed "El Presidente".......made all personnel decisions and force fed them to subordinating, cheap HC's with the "make it work" edict.....$900 grand for Airhorn Greggy?.....once RW realized his "inner circle of trust" was violated, he started promoting Brandon into positions unqualified for (he trusted him) and "re-tired" Marv with 4 new Firestones...hence, the FO and Admin patchwork show began.....sure Nix was a football guy but how much was left in his tank at 70+ (NO disrespect implied)?...then we follow with the Gailey and Jauron eras, hardly pre-eminent guys on the sidelines....followed bty the Marrone "Saban/Petrino" adios via the back door.....now Pegula takes the reins and is raked over the coals because he is NOT allowed any ownership learning curve among the TBD "braintrusts" who wanted to buy the club, but were a tad short on funds....the Wrecks hire was purely a "Brandon ticket sale" sham and me thinks Terry now knows it.....so he is now a business guy only...the Pegulas are proud people and do not want to be associated with losers, be it the Bills, Sabres, Rochester Americans, etc....cut them and McCoach some slack....

#385 JM2009

JM2009

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:52 PM

....embarrassing?.....more like repulsive.....not sure why I want to endure year 55 of following this club.....here is the Cliff Notes version of the "abysmal 17+".....the DonoHOLE era set this club back a decade....sure he inherited cap jail from Butler...BUT....Tom Terrific's ego and freakish control nature set the ball rolling starting with his insistence of being anointed "El Presidente".......made all personnel decisions and force fed them to subordinating, cheap HC's with the "make it work" edict.....$900 grand for Airhorn Greggy?.....once RW realized his "inner circle of trust" was violated, he started promoting Brandon into positions unqualified for (he trusted him) and "re-tired" Marv with 4 new Firestones...hence, the FO and Admin patchwork show began.....sure Nix was a football guy but how much was left in his tank at 70+ (NO disrespect implied)?...then we follow with the Gailey and Jauron eras, hardly pre-eminent guys on the sidelines....followed bty the Marrone "Saban/Petrino" adios via the back door.....now Pegula takes the reins and is raked over the coals because he is NOT allowed any ownership learning curve among the TBD "braintrusts" who wanted to buy the club, but were a tad short on funds....the Wrecks hire was purely a "Brandon ticket sale" sham and me thinks Terry now knows it.....so he is now a business guy only...the Pegulas are proud people and do not want to be associated with losers, be it the Bills, Sabres, Rochester Americans, etc....cut them and McCoach some slack....

Can't really argue with any of this, although the Pegulas have to get this thing fixed.

#386 Scott7975

Scott7975

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:38 PM

Well lets look at it.

Only Meeks remains and he may not remain long as he is pretty terrible.

Watkins I love but to be real he hasn't lived up to his cost.  He could have gotten same or better production by staying put or realized EJ wasn't the answer and drafted Carr who would have fell to us.

Preston Brown isn't very good but the position is weak so he starts.

No one else worth mentioning that is left on the team.

Darby great year then pretty bad year so who knows.

Miller is pretty average.

O'Leary barely a role player as they continually look for better.

No one else worth mentioning.

Too early to discuss.  The important picks were injured or invisible when they played.

In my book that is pretty terrible drafting thus far.  Whaley is one of the worst GMs in the league IMO.

Edited by Scott7975, 23 April 2017 - 05:40 PM.

#387 PlayoffsPlease

PlayoffsPlease

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:44 PM

If you are having a discussion about whether or not your GM is the worst in the league, its probably a pretty good indication, he is NOT in the discussion for being among the best, which is all that really matters.