#501 eball

eball

Omar Sly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,281 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:14 AM

8/15 is the final day.

I believe your sarcasm recognition detector is on the fritz...

#502 JTO

JTO

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:49 AM

#503 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

Show me the baby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59,778 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:25 PM

@JaySkurski

#Bills GM Brandon Beane tells the team's radio show there is an ongoing open dialogue with free agents Anquan Boldin and Gary Barnidge.

#504 Mark Vader

Mark Vader

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,525 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:37 PM

Levitre  6yr/ 46.8 mil, was he worth it? Never made a Pro Bowl while in Buffalo.

Byrd  6yr/ 56 mil, was he worth it? I don't even have to go into this one, enough said.

Hogan  3yr/ 12 mil, was he worth it?  Number 3 WR at best, pedestrian numbers, nice guy though.

Gilmore  5 yr/ 65 mil, was he worth it? Debatable, not justified from looking at his tenure in Buffalo.

Mike G.  2yr/ 6.4 mil, was he worth it? Debatable, not a starter here and maybe not a starter there either.

Solid back up LT?

According to the Buffalo News, police responded and found Kouandjio, wearing a T-shirt and underwear but no pants. He had parked his vehicle alongside a nearby highway that had been closed for hours due to a serious wreck.

"He was acting real confused, but he was no threat," a police source told the News at the time. Kouandjio was not arrested in connection with the incident.

I'll pass on that "solid" back up. Let's just agree to disagree, signed McRuss.

Not a strong argument against Levitre. London Fletcher never went to the Pro Bowl as a Bill either.

#505 Canadian Bills Fan

Canadian Bills Fan

When it's too tough for them it's just right for us

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,324 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:37 PM

@JaySkurski

#Bills GM Brandon Beane tells the team's radio show there is an ongoing open dialogue with free agents Anquan Boldin and Gary Barnidge.

Good to hear

CBF

#506 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 57,026 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:28 AM

BB just said that they talked to Barnidge over the summer but "haven't really followed up on it".

#507 TPS

TPS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,602 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:43 AM

BB just said that they talked to Barnidge over the summer but "haven't really followed up on it".

I'm looking forward to the preseason games to get a better idea of the strength/weakness of the position. Barnidge would provide good depth this year, but I'd hate to lose one of O'Leary or Thomas, as they offer more long term talent at the position. Chance are Thomas would be relegated to the PS, and I'm sure someone would swipe him.

#508 aristocrat

aristocrat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:47 AM

Whenever I see bb I think of the other bb Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#509 transient

transient

Wasn't me...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:51 AM

Whenever I see bb I think of the other bb Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beelze Bubicheat*?

#510 JohnBonhamRocks

JohnBonhamRocks

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:24 AM

Given the positive reports on O'Leary and the addition of Boldin, who will probably be TE-ish in how he's used, this potential signing is less important than it used to be. 

#511 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 57,026 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:35 AM

Given the positive reports on O'Leary and the addition of Boldin, who will probably be TE-ish in how he's used, this potential signing is less important than it used to be. 

plus #FreeLoganThomas

#512 billieve420

billieve420

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:35 AM

I would still like to give Tyrod as many options as possible so there are no more questions regarding his long term viability as a starting QB. However, I wouldn't mind using cap space to find a RT worth a damn that could replace Mills. Safety depth is also concern there are a lot of question marks but I want to see them play in a preseason game first.

Edited by billieve420, 08 August 2017 - 08:39 AM.

#513 Jamie Muellers Ghost

Jamie Muellers Ghost

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:36 AM

I'm not so certain with coaches comments about Clay's knee problem I still think they would like some insurance there.

#514 Dorkington

Dorkington

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,106 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:40 AM

plus #FreeLoganThomas

Really hope he works out. Keeping my expectations low, but he certainly has the athletic tools for it. 

#515 Paul Costa

Paul Costa

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:29 AM

Preseason games will determine if Thomas and O'Leary are the answer. If one is injured or struggles maybe Bills bring him in. Thought he would be in someone's camp by now? A little weird to me. The only thing that makes sense is he's not coming down from a certain contract number. Whatever that may be.

#516 buffaloboyinATL

buffaloboyinATL

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:34 AM

Boldin has a reputation as a very competent blocker I believe, correct?

#517 JohnBonhamRocks

JohnBonhamRocks

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:47 AM

I would still like to give Tyrod as many options as possible so there are no more questions regarding his long term viability as a starting QB. However, I wouldn't mind using cap space to find a RT worth a damn that could replace Mills. Safety depth is also concern there are a lot of question marks but I want to see them play in a preseason game first.

Understandable re: giving Taylor options. Don't think we'll add to OT because we already traded up to draft Dawkins. 

I'm not so certain with coaches comments about Clay's knee problem I still think they would like some insurance there.

Good point. Would probably need Clay to go down to warrant going harder for Barnidge though. 

That's my understanding. One of the reasons I've liked him for so long. 

#518 Boyst62

Boyst62

Hall of Farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,894 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:04 AM

yes. I'd say he is better than Robert woods at doing so because she is able to get in to position and find the defender quite well. Woods got a little boxy in the hips but I imagine is quicker than bokdin

#519 Limeaid

Limeaid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:00 PM

Preseason games will determine if Thomas and O'Leary are the answer. If one is injured or struggles maybe Bills bring him in. Thought he would be in someone's camp by now? A little weird to me. The only thing that makes sense is he's not coming down from a certain contract number. Whatever that may be.

It is possible that Barnidge just does not want to deal with training camp / early preseason games and figures he will get same size contract in August.

Yes on par with Robert Woods.

#520 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

Show me the baby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59,778 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:00 PM

It is possible that Barnidge just does not want to deal with training camp / early preseason games and figures he will get same size contract in August.

I'd love to see Logan Thomas shine in the preseason to make his acquisition a moot point.