10 replies to this topic

#1 Bills fan since 87

Bills fan since 87

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:22 AM

I've been around a bit so I should know this but when on the board in mobile version you can skip ahead or back a page in the thread body. Is there any way to choose the page you would like to go to so you don't have to cycle through multiple pages on long threads? Or at least a way to skip to the last post in a thread (this would come in handy on the game day threads). I know there must be a way but on my phone it only seems I can go back or forward a single page at a time.

#2 Canadian Bills Fan

Canadian Bills Fan

When it's too tough for them it's just right for us

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,311 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:37 AM

I've been around a bit so I should know this but when on the board in mobile version you can skip ahead or back a page in the thread body. Is there any way to choose the page you would like to go to so you don't have to cycle through multiple pages on long threads? Or at least a way to skip to the last post in a thread (this would come in handy on the game day threads). I know there must be a way but on my phone it only seems I can go back or forward a single page at a time.

Not that I am aware of. I wish there was something like that but if there is, I haven't heard about it

CBF

#3 WhoTom

WhoTom

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:11 AM

1. Go to any page but the first page of the thread.

2. Click the address bar. Where it says "page-X", replace the X with whatever page you want.

Also, if you click the blue dot (or the red star, if it's a thread you've participated in) then it takes you to the first unread message (unread by you) in the thread.

EDIT: Sorry - I just realized you were asking about the mobile version. What I wrote probably doesn't apply.

Edited by WhoTom, 13 July 2017 - 12:21 PM.

#4 Tenhigh

Tenhigh

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:07 PM

I usually just go to the desktop view

#5 Chandler#81

Chandler#81

All Pro

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,734 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:09 PM

Does your phone have a rotary dial and a coiled cable to the ear/mic piece?  :lol:

Seriously, I'm not sure what you're talking about. I have a quickly becoming outdated Apple 6+ and I see every page for every topic. I could even before I became a Mod, so it's not that. I can't imagine not being able to get to the last post in a game thread. Does your 'telephone' offer different versions of the site? If so, upgrade.

#6 fansince88

fansince88

He must increase but I must decrease

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:22 PM

so, you have been a fan for 1 year longer than me?

#7 ExiledInIllinois

ExiledInIllinois

Making It Flow Backwards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,776 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:22 PM

Only one work around I use:

Like the one poster above said. Find out how many pages there are in the thread. This can be done easily by just viewing the forum. Now go up to the url address window and replace the number in the url w/the page number you want, usually the last page. Here. Say this thread was 52 pages long. Take the page you get sent to, here we are on page 35.

http://forums.twobil...35#entry4169905

And replace the "35" in that url with "52" and hit return.

http://forums.twobil...52#entry4169905

Bam... You are taken to the thread's last page.

That will be 125 bucks. Its after 5 on Friday, I didn't charge you my after hours, weekend rate. ;-)

#8 Bills fan since 87

Bills fan since 87

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:50 PM

That'll have to do the trick. Do you take Bills bucks?

#9 Boyst62

Boyst62

Hall of Farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,819 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:17 PM

I just piss everyone off and type x

#10 SDS

SDS

Hook me up a new revolution...

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,302 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:05 PM

yeah, this is a current issue with the mobile version. You can change the page number in the address bar as someone previously mentioned.

#11 ExiledInIllinois

ExiledInIllinois

Making It Flow Backwards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,776 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:53 PM

yeah, this is a current issue with the mobile version. You can change the page number in the address bar as someone previously mentioned.

I have no prob with it SDS. Rather easy. I have learned so many different things from this board that I would have never learned had a "button" just been given to me.

Thanks for keeping the board clean and simple!

I suppose change will come... It always does. I have no prob hacking away on my Galaxy S6. I now read and post almost 98% from it.