185 replies to this topic

#181 T-Bomb

T-Bomb

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:03 PM

Hmm, Wood may have been a 1st rounder, but has he played like one?

#182 Houston's #1 Bills Fan

Houston's #1 Bills Fan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:42 PM

Assuming we are also taking a swing at a "franchise" QB next draft, the smartest thing this franchise could do along side that in the draft is invest heavily in OLine help to support that QB.  The last thing I want to see is a rookie top 5 pick QB getting destroyed because of a crap OLine.  Most likely we will have more of a pocket type guy and our current line, even at its best, struggles with pocket protection right now.  We should take at least one OLineman in the first or second round next year and hopefully a second in the third IMO.  You will always have OLine injuries, we need to stock the stables to give our next QB the best chance possible to develop.  Then go looking for real WR help for 2019 season. 

I said almost the exact thing in another thread. But, you're right: Build an OLine that is stout. That's key to long term success.

#183 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

Show me the baby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 57,020 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:39 PM

Glenn sticking to the plan to play Week 1

Glenn-Cordy-Story.jpg

There are two preseason games remaining for the Bills, but for Cordy Glenn and his recovery from a foot ailment, the plan all along has been to be ready for the season opener.

#184 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

Show me the baby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 57,020 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:50 AM

CORDY GLENN: "WORKING ON GETTING BETTER" (2:52)

Bills Offensive Lineman Cordy Glenn addressed the media after practice about his injury and the plan to get him on the field for the first game of the regular season.

#185 NoSaint

NoSaint

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,051 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:51 AM

Thanks. Forgot to even mention him.

And kujo would've been our 6th man if not for his incident

This is one of those complaints that stems from not watching a lot of other teams regularly. No one holds down 5 spots plus depth without any weak links outside of an occasional lucky (and brief) window here and there

#186 BuffaloHokie13

BuffaloHokie13

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,090 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:54 AM

Agree.  O-line and defense.  Build a Dallas style O-line.   You can find good WR's in later rounds or with cap money (since you are paying a lot of rookies on the O-line).  Also need a good D to help a young QB.  

We have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. QB, OT, C, G, OT, G?