326 replies to this topic

#321 4merper4mer

4merper4mer

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,326 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:08 PM

Don't confuse TBD with a press room. You're arguing with people who want to engage with you about specifics, and responding by saying that you disapprove of his press is the metaphorical equivalent of hand-waving. Pretty much all of the informed posters here have the ability to dig deeper than mouthing cliches from the press, so in this particular context bringing it up is a red herring.

LOL dude do you mean Red Hair Ring?

#322 dave mcbride

dave mcbride

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,029 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:57 PM

LOL dude do you mean Red Hair Ring?

I don't understand your response. Can you please clarify?

#323 BillnutinHouston

BillnutinHouston

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,648 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:13 PM

Come on, you know perfectly well what a Red Hair Ring is. Have you no self of steam?

Edited by BillnutinHouston, 16 September 2017 - 09:14 PM.

#324 4merper4mer

4merper4mer

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,326 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:17 PM

You said Red Herring when you meant to say Red Hair Ring which is a common mistake.

"Red Hari Ring" is a term used to describe a distraction or someone trying to get you off topic.  It started with the Barbary pirates whose commanders would promise the crew much but give them little.  They would rob and plunder and when they went ashore they would find women.  The commanders, who had already taken the most valuable treasures, would set up a distraction with local brothels during which they would bring the men in for a good time.  The madams, who were in on the game, would bring out their most unattractive women, often redheads, first.  These women came to be know as the "Red Hair Ring" and the commanders would tell the sex starved crew that they could choose first for a job well done.  Once the enlisted were all paired off, the commanders would be shown to the better rooms of the establishment where the more attractive women awaited them.  Much like they had already done with the treasures, the commanders got their pick of the women in a backward way due to the distraction of the Red Hair Ring.

#325 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 55,801 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:26 PM

@rapsheet
The #Colts  declare QB Andrew Luck out again this week against the #Browns . Itll be Jacoby Brissett starting once again.

#326 plenzmd1

plenzmd1

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,510 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:51 PM

@rapsheet
The #Colts  declare QB Andrew Luck out again this week against the #Browns . Itll be Jacoby Brissett starting once again.

This could get interesting. Lose to the Browns and then lose week 4 to the Seahawks. I think you can see the Colts shut him down for the season and challenge the Jets for #1 pick. Which I think is great news for the Bills, cause the Jets ain't trading that pick for nothing, but the Colts might for two 1's and Two 2's over the next two years

#327 aristocrat

aristocrat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,321 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:57 PM

Luck hasn't thrown yet and it's one month from throwing to be able to start Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk