#41 nucci

nucci

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,751 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:01 AM

Tanking is not quitting.

No, but it means losing for a few more years...not easy to come back quickly from 2-14 or 4-12 seasons

#42 Shotgunner

Shotgunner

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:57 AM

All i do is read posts and sometimes add a post of my own. But i HAVE come to one conclusion with multiple factors and that is, some of you guys just need to relax.

I don't know if it's my age, the fact that i stay in good shape, that i eat right, or, the fact that I'm a religious person. But what i DO know is that I'm calm. I'm enjoying the "preseason" for what it is people. A freakin exhibition game.

Now if it's week 4 in the regular season and we have a record like 1-3, then I would understand these posts of disappointment and the likes of. Heck I'll be upset also. We all wait 7 months after the SuperBowl to watch a meaningful NFL game of the team we root for so we expect to see some good football.

But these games don't count people. We used to have intellegent posters that would break down game film like how an NFL coach would and would make you see where the good and the bad is on the team.

These days however its just, trade tgis person or that person, tank this and tank that and now OP is "torn" in the preseason.

Come on man. Just relax and enjoy the last bit of summer we have left and save the frustration for the regular season (if tge team should do bad of course).

Really, I see tons condescending posts to this same exact point every year. Hell, I used to be the optimist and post things like this too. Telling people to be positive or to just expect them to be good because.... reasons.

But experience has taught me something.... The Bills suck in preseason, and suck in the regular season too. I wouldn't say I'm frustrated or angry about it, but it is clear and obvious this will n9t be a good team.

It's great to be positive and stuff, but history is a pretty good predictor of the past, and not this demi-religious type of blind "faith" that they will be better in the regular season. Nothing has indicated that. Now, they might be OK, but there is an awful lot more evidence to the contrary. Then again evidence must not matter much to a religious person (that's not a shot at you, just an observation).

#43 BuffaloHokie13

BuffaloHokie13

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:21 PM

This isn't about the preseason to me. Unless they can get 9-10 wins, I think I'd hope for 4 wins instead of 5-8. I don't want to root for them to lose, but the high picks just mean more

I haven't looked at 5-8 win seasons, but since 2002 69 teams have gone 4-12 or worse. of those teams:

13 went 4-12 or worse the next season (18.8%)

47 had a 0.500 record or worse the next season (68.1%)

22 had a winning record the next season (31.9%)

15 had a winning record and made the playoffs the next season (21.7%)

1 team made the playoff going 8-8 the next season :lol:

The most likely result to us going 4-12 or worse is that the next year we will be back to going 7-9...

#44 reddogblitz

reddogblitz

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,411 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:37 PM

No, but it means losing for a few more years...not easy to come back quickly from 2-14 or 4-12 seasons

How Lang has it taken Jacksonville to get above 5 wins? Or Cleveland?

Edited by reddogblitz, 20 August 2017 - 01:39 PM.

#45 Elite Poster

Elite Poster

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:53 PM

There is nothing to be torn about, they don't want to win and they prioritize their own guys over talent.

5-6 wins max. Trust the process.

I haven't looked at 5-8 win seasons, but since 2002 69 teams have gone 4-12 or worse. of those teams:

The most likely result to us going 4-12 or worse is that the next year we will be back to going 7-9...

If there was a way for me to give you an award for making a phenomenal post, I would nominate you.

People do not understand this. They are so excited that we offloaded talent so that we can be mediocre for three more years, while we still had two firsts to begin with. Get this thru your head.

This drought is at risk of becoming drinking age.

#46 Direhard Fan

Direhard Fan

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:01 PM

The ball can bounce in many directions.  A break here and there and we win 9.  I would be very happy.  We were in the hunt LY and still had a chance.  I can only see improvement this year with the new team.  We believe!

#47 reddogblitz

reddogblitz

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,411 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:06 PM

The ball can bounce in many directions.  A break here and there and we win 9.  I would be very happy.  We were in the hunt LY and still had a chance.  I can only see improvement this year with the new team.  We believe!

:)

Thanks for a voice of reason diehard.

#48 BuffaloHokie13

BuffaloHokie13

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:04 AM

Looked at 5-8 win seasons since 2002. 177 teams, so a much more likely result statistically.

111 had a 0.500 record or worse the next season (62.7%) - 11 of these are just the Bills :lol: if you ignore us it goes down to 56.5%

66 had a winning record the next season (37.3%)

53 went to the playoffs the next season (29.9%)