Photo

[Please Change Title]Great Ringer Article......

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Billsfan1972

Billsfan1972

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:48 PM

Pretty much sums up the Bills Offense the last 17 years......

https://www.theringe...quality-of-play

#2 BUFFALOKIE

BUFFALOKIE

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:00 PM

Good link.

#3 Billsfan1972

Billsfan1972

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:37 AM

10 pages on McDermott's excessive clapping (and it is really stupid the amount he does) and a great article on the issue everyone has with TT that is an epidemic in the NFL and one response?  

Anyone else read it and have some comments/insight?

#4 BUFFALOKIE

BUFFALOKIE

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:53 AM

10 pages on McDermott's excessive clapping (and it is really stupid the amount he does) and a great article on the issue everyone has with TT that is an epidemic in the NFL and one response?  

Anyone else read it and have some comments/insight?

Revise the title to indicate what the article is about, maybe? It is a very good article, I just have nothing to add to the discussion.

#5 WhoTom

WhoTom

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:05 AM

It's a complicated problem. On the one hand, he's saying that the league rewards bad QBs who play conservatively, but he also acknowledges that there are only a handful of really good QBs. If the teams without elite QBs play more aggressively, I think you'll see a lot more blowout games, especially when those teams face one of the greats.

#6 Overdue Bill

Overdue Bill

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:30 AM

Pretty much sums up the Bills Offense the last 17 years......

https://www.theringe...quality-of-play

Not a bad article but I think that statistics hide the fact that offensive innovation and defensive success are like waves...some new "system"...like the K-Gun  comes along and has some success until coaches figure out a way to defend it. I think what you are seeing is the success of defenses against the current "systems". Bigger, faster defenders are also a factor. The "Refrigerator" Perry was an oddity at 300 lbs 30 years ago, now he would be an average sized lineman.

#7 Boyst62

Boyst62

Hall of Farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,706 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:43 AM

If it doesn't agree with the averages person beliefs to begin with they'll pretend it doesn't exist in order to not change their kind

#8 SDS

SDS

Hook me up a new revolution...

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,251 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:50 AM

[This is an automated response]

The topic title needs some TLC... The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

#9 CanadianFan

CanadianFan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:13 AM

Normally I wouldn't look at The Ringer. It's run by Boston writers, FYI. This one is ok.