246 replies to this topic

#241 GunnerBill

GunnerBill

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,237 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:27 AM

I firmly believe we're through one of the toughest parts of our schedule, and came out 3-1.

So what is interesting is I had them 3-1 through 4 games (with a W in CAR and a L in ATL) and still ending 7-9/8-8.  However, I am more impressed than I was expecting to be.  Because I though this would be an easier section of the schedule.  As we sit here today we have beaten two 3-1 teams and one 2-2 team and lost to a 3-1 team.  I thought the Jets were going to be worse and that Denver would be bad.  We have beaten good teams.  I can see more than one route to 10 wins now.  

#242 Gugny

Gugny

TACOCAT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,484 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:28 AM

I've seasoned the crow and it's marinating.

I'm not ready to eat it, quite yet, with regard to Tyrod.

I will say that, as a team, they have been a pleasant surprise; especially the last two games.  McDermott has made a pretty immediate and significant positive impact on the culture.  Other than Dareus, these guys are playing their collective asses off.

#243 kdiggz

kdiggz

Mayor of Pegulaville

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,404 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:43 AM

Gladly eating crow today. Tastes like chicken! I didn't think they had a chance. Great win even if we did have some help from the zebras. The defense is legit. The offense is still a mess but if the defense holds everyone under 20 points then I like our chances. I'm off the tank wagon but still skeptical. We were 4-2 last year and that's probably what we will start out this year as well. Now we have expectations. Makes me nervous

#244 Peace Frog

Peace Frog

Trusting 'The Process'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:45 AM

I hope it's not considered blasphemy, but I'll have some Franks red hot sauce on my crow.

#245 Chuck Wagon

Chuck Wagon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:08 AM

I'll gladly eat crow.  I thought we had a chance to make the Denver game interesting, I didn't think there would be any way the Falcons game was close.

These next 4 games are huge, all look winnable, especially if we get EJ instead of Carr in a couple of weeks.  7-1 or 6-2 is not out of the question.

#246 Kipers Hair

Kipers Hair

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:24 AM

...I'm worse...even after the Bills beat the Jets week 1, I thought this was a 5-11 team at best.  I didn't trust the process...  

#247 ShadyBillsFan

ShadyBillsFan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,127 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:24 AM

I've seasoned the crow and it's marinating.

I'm not ready to eat it, quite yet, with regard to Tyrod.

I will say that, as a team, they have been a pleasant surprise; especially the last two games.  McDermott has made a pretty immediate and significant positive impact on the culture.  Other than Dareus, these guys are playing their collective asses off.

#AFCCoachOfTheMonth