129 replies to this topic

#121 Limeaid

Limeaid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,027 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:38 AM

I also love McDermott's "Be One eleventh" of the defense concept as well. He has those guys playing as a true Team, and one that looks to be well coached. McD focused on bringing in coaches who were good teachers and IMO it's showing... in everything from fundamentals to scheme & execution to discipline (etc).

I agree mostly except OL.  Maybe the players we have do not fit the scheme exactly but then you need to adapt until you do.  Glenn being hurt is not an excuse.

#122 Marty McFly

Marty McFly

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:51 PM

EJ has been a good surprise for all of us. Hes def on his way to earning a 2nd contract here and it will be a fraction of what Gilmore got, im pullin for em. Our 2ndary is much improved this year. Besides Tre and EJ, our Safetys are good too. Damn good.

Edited by Marty McFly, 25 September 2017 - 04:51 PM.

#123 JDHILL

JDHILL

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:06 PM

went to Fort Osage HS in Independence, Missouri (same HS as Albert Pujols).  I'm friends with  hisHS coach and he told me yesterday you only had to tell him or teach him something once. Also went to Mizzou

#124 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

Show me the baby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59,398 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:22 PM

DKlDwmRXUAAL4sO.jpg

#125 Webster Guy

Webster Guy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:36 PM

Gamer.  

Hyde, Poyer, Gaines and TreD exceptional group of guys and they're just getting started.    Gaines has had that shoulder keep him out of lots of NFL games in the past, hopefully he's past it.

#126 ShadyBillsFan

ShadyBillsFan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,127 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:37 PM

Remember when you threw a fit when the deal happened?

Good times.

Lols a lot of people did and still do

Edited by ShadyBillsFan, 25 September 2017 - 05:42 PM.

#127 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

Show me the baby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59,398 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:50 PM

Remember when you threw a fit when the deal happened?

Good times.

Still don't like the fact that they traded Watkins.  Go back to crying about Peterman with another thread. B-)

#128 billsfan89

billsfan89

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:26 PM

DKhHoYOXoAY9XJH.jpg
I bet if we end up paying Gaines after this year, his contract ultimately offers more value than the one Sammy Watkins gets. A shutdown secondary wins more games than a good WR.

I think people forget that trades can be mutually beneficial. The Bills needed a corner that better fit their system and the Rams needed a true number one receiver and were willing to part with a 2nd round pick and a corner to add a play maker to that offense. The Bills got a player that fit their system and added premium draft capital. 

#129 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,767 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:50 PM

What I believe is they did their homework and specifically went after Gaines and that 2nd rounder. They believed Gaines could end up being a quality starting NFL DB within their scheme and so far they've been right.

i can't remember where I read it, but Gaines was going to be a FA target for 2018. They ended up getting him early. Actually I think this was inside info from a board member...

#130 JerseyBills

JerseyBills

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:18 PM

Beginning to love Gaines, a White, Hyde and Pryor in our defensive secondary

Best part is they're all youngins. This could literally solidify our secondary for 4 5 years ,we clearly targeted him so makes sense we extend him. Johnson hasn't been too shabby at Nickel either. this draft is going to be fun because we can go BPA with majority of our picks