#401 Scott7975

Scott7975

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 11:47 AM

As a TT supporter

It does not directly fall on tyrod tayler....but at some point you have to ask a starting qb to take a team and put them on their back for a much needed win.

If that qb cannot do that?  Then you need to continue your qb search......

Now.....tyrod has had a opportunity to do that one time this year and was actually on his way to doing it when zay dropped that pass....we really should be undefeated right now

Of course. I'm not saying we don't need a better QB. I'm fully on board with drafting one. I just think Taylor criticism is overboard when the team had bigger problems.

Taylor did carry this offense last week and he still gets criticized because he didn't get 300 yards for example.

#402 Billsmovinup

Billsmovinup

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 12:20 PM

Another one with an agenda. Ridiculous.

Yes. A hateful hater of hate with an agendaized agenda. Begone hateful hater of hate or I shall cast down the mods against thee you evildoer you!!!

#403 grb

grb

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 12:27 PM

The answer is:

It's quite possible.

Just depends if he

A) continues to do these things well

B) shows improvement in his weaknesses

C) he leads a team to the playoffs

Another plus is Taylor's bad games are never completely horrible. Compared to Dalton's first game or Carr vs Washington, TT's worst never hits rock bottom. Even during the Carolina debacle, he kept plugging away and was efficiently inefficient (or inefficiently efficient). Taylor never loses his poise or lets things spiral out of control. The problem? There are way too many of those inefficient games. That's where I see his objective this year : Pare down those games to a bare minimum per season, then you get a lot of Jets-Broncos games, with an occasional Miami. And that would be a pretty damn good quarterbacking.  

#404 Kelly the Dog

Kelly the Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,933 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 12:45 PM

The backup QB is the most important player on the team of a Super Bowl winner.

The backup quarterback is a fairly important position on any team. There ain't a lot of them. If one injury kills your whole season that makes the backup gig important by definition.

#405 jmc12290

jmc12290

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:29 PM

The backup quarterback is a fairly important position on any team. There ain't a lot of them. If one injury kills your whole season that makes the backup gig important by definition.

Good thing Flacco didn't get injured and instead threw 12 TD's to no picks in the playoffs.

His play in the postseason was arguably the most important reason they made it to and won the Super Bowl.

#406 Kelly the Dog

Kelly the Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,933 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:30 PM

Good thing Flacco didn't get injured and instead threw 12 TD's to no picks in the playoffs.
His play in the postseason was arguably the most important reason they made it to and won the Super Bowl.

So what. That doesn't negate the fact backup QB is an important position. I and a lot of others here have been saying that for years.

#407 jmc12290

jmc12290

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:32 PM

So what. That doesn't negate the fact backup QB is an important position. I and a lot of others here have been saying that for years.

There are degrees of importance. That was my point. Backup QB's who don't play are without a doubt the most important backups.

#408 BuffaloHokie13

BuffaloHokie13

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 02:59 PM

Just pointing out that there is no perfect stat when it comes to QBs. They all seem to have flaws and you can make numbers tell whatever story you want.

You're not going to find many, if any, stats that paint an accurate reflection with 1 data point...

#409 jmc12290

jmc12290

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:18 PM

You're not going to find many, if any, stats that paint an accurate reflection with 1 data point...

Unless it's Geno Smith.

#410 MarlinTheMagician

MarlinTheMagician

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:59 PM

The answer is:

It's quite possible.

Just depends if he

A) continues to do these things well

B) shows improvement in his weaknesses

C) he leads a team to the playoffs

I agree with this post.  And I think we should see how he does on this A, B, C list before we chuck him over the side.  If he leads this Bills team to the playoffs (big if), how do you move on from him lightly?  It has been 18 years now, and this was supposed to be a hopeless, tanking, evaluative year where we had no wideouts.  I never bought that, but I did think we would be 7-9 or 8-8.  Still might be, but if TT gets them in the dance he can't, IMHO, be dumped lightly.  If he looks bad from hear to the end and finishes 6-10, we know what we have to do.  But for a QB to emerge as a quality starter in his 3rd year (as a starter), is not really slow development and TT's last 6 games or so are pretty promising.