#41 dave mcbride

dave mcbride

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,124 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:57 PM

Talking to the wrong guy.

Am I? Not that you're over the top, but it seems to me that you've been fairly critical of FO throughout this thread. I personally think it's pretty darn good and better than, say, pff. Some sites aand methods are better than others. Maybe I'm misreading your intent, however.

Edited by dave mcbride, 12 October 2017 - 06:58 PM.

#42 GoBills808

GoBills808

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:01 PM

Am I? Not that you're over the top, but it seems to me that you've been fairly critical of FO throughout this thread. I personally think it's pretty darn good and better than, say, pff. Some sites aand methods are better than others. Maybe I'm misreading your intent, however.

Oh I'm plenty critical of DVOA in general, but I've acknowledged its usefulness in certain areas. You and I are in agreement (I believe) in objecting to DVOA ratings of quarterbacks in 2017, and I was just using a few examples to illustrate a point.

#43 dave mcbride

dave mcbride

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,124 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:32 PM

Oh I'm plenty critical of DVOA in general, but I've acknowledged its usefulness in certain areas. You and I are in agreement (I believe) in objecting to DVOA ratings of quarterbacks in 2017, and I was just using a few examples to illustrate a point.

Fair enough.

#44 CanadianFan

CanadianFan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:21 AM

How the F is Jacksonville #3? Makes no sense!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Football Outsiders, DVOA