I don't think I've ever openly advocated for anyone to be fired this soon. In no specific order:
1. He was't McD's first choice to be the OC for the Bills; he was essentially the best option left on the table for the Bills.
2. His last stints as OC (Denver and Houston) his offenses have managed to finished 11th; 11th; 10th; and 31st (Houston)....then 18th; 21st (Denver); in points scored (we're currently 26th); much like Rex Ryan, his schemes and gameplans haven't evolved; his offenses have gotten stagnant or worse over the years. And that was with him being linked to Kubiak, who sometimes took over control of the playcalling at halftime according to Denver fans b/c it wasn't working out for the team (as per their message boards). Houston fans were happy to see him leave; Denver fans were really happy to see him leave. How many people here were actually happy to see Lynn leave? Not many. For good reason.
3. The guy is 60yrs old and he wasn't McD's first choice. Forget Tyrod, do we want Rico to be the OC for a rookie QB? Is this the offensive mind we intend to have groom our future QB? Is this the guy that's going to be here for the next 3-5yrs?
4. Dennison, in less than half a season, has managed to turn the #1 rushing offense in the league in 2015/2016, to a bottom-half rushing offense. Shady has one rushing game of +100yds this season; he has 4 consecutive games of garbage. Shady has scored 0 Touchdowns so far. He is averaging 3.2yds per carry. His career low prior to this was 4.1ypc back in his rookie season.
4a. Tyrod is averaging 3.8 yds per rush; and he averaged 6.1 last season. Tyrod has zero rushing TD's as well; he had 6 last season. Tyrod and Shady have combined for ZERO RUSHING TD'S THROUGH 5 GAMES. Let that sink in. This team was built to run the ball and its two main threats have a combined ZERO RUSHING TD'S. How we're even 3-2 is a miracle.
5. Miller and the offensive line dominated the run game last season; they look lost this season. Miller is now being benched in favor of Ducasse. Ducasse is not the future, he's garbage. If Rico thinks Ducasse is better than Miller, then that alone is an indictment of where Rico's worth to this team. This O-line clearly doesn't work well with Rico's run blocking scheme because the majority of the run plays the D-line is blowing up our O-line at the LOS. How many rushes has Shady had for -3 or -4 yards because the defender is in the backfield before Shady even has the ball.
What Rico is doing to this offense is no different than what Rex did to the defense. Rico is taking players out of their element and making them perform functions they don't excel at in order to fit his antiquated scheme. Is this the guy we plan on developing our future QB? His play calling is wildly inconsistent, at best; it lacks imagination; it simply doesn't perform. His offenses haven't performed well since at least 2012.
Cut the cord now; the Bengals cut it and have vastly improved. We cut it last year with Roman and vastly improved. Rico is not the future for anyone currently on this offense or anyone that we'll be drafting next year.