Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,988 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:33 PM

Who didn't deserve what?

Roman. Fired.
that  was BS.

Lynn could have given him better direction if we got rid of the HC first of all.
Roman and Kromer could run the ball pretty Damned good.
Roman's weakness may have been the pass. Lynn fixed that bit during his HC games called at the end of the season

imho

I would have kept them both Lynn and Roman. And since it is hindsight that base this fantasy on, i would like to have hired McD for the Defense. I just cannot complain about the defense so far. Because that would be silly

#262 Putin

Putin

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:48 PM

Did you somehow expect the new offensive coordinator to run someone else's system? I don't follow your logic here.

I'm assuming you're talking about OL and the run game?
For two straight years we dominate and WIN games because of our running game / OL , what i remember correctly is our D being a Huge disappointment ,
I know we have a whole new coaching staff / system / playbook , I get all that !!! And give them a lot of credit for turning the defense around so quickly ,
But to go from being the BEST to the WORST in running the ball ( IMO ) should be a huge concern and needs to be looked at and addressed , especially because our passing game doesn't exactly strikes fear in to no matter who we play

#263 Wayne Arnold

Wayne Arnold

THROW THE DAMN BALL, TYROD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:18 PM

...and do you somehow expect an OC to continually run HIS system without flexibility and adjustments that is hardly producing a CONSISTENT product weekly?...so rigid that it woefully fails to maximize the talents of existing personnel??..what's yOUR logic?...........

But Dennison has made adjustments and modified his system. 

Out of the 24 run plays on Sunday, they ran just four outside zone runs. That's a drastic change from the first two weeks of the season. Because these players suck at it. Everything else was a power-trap or counter-trey run. That's an adjustment. 

They have elminated the three-step drop which is a huge Shanahan/Kubiak/Dennison staple. Because Taylor sucks at it. Again, that's an adjustment.

Players have to execute better.

#264 OldTimeAFLGuy

OldTimeAFLGuy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,109 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:29 PM

But Dennison has made adjustments and modified his system. 

Out of the 24 run plays on Sunday, they ran just four outside zone runs. That's a drastic change from the first two weeks of the season. Because these players suck at it. Everything else was a power-trap or counter-trey run. That's an adjustment. 

They have elminated the three-step drop which is a huge Shanahan/Kubiak/Dennison staple. Because Taylor sucks at it. Again, that's an adjustment.

Players have to execute better.

..the running game is going azz backwards and many have attributed it to Castillos' zone blocking scheme.....certainly there is a learning curve of adaptation....but realistically how long do you let that learning curve go before it is NOT progressing as thought and W's become the sacrifice?......isn't the profound sign of a good coaching staff to adjust its perceived systems to better fit the personnel available or do we say the system is great but the players suck?.....we could waste another two years because Wrecks said he needed "his guys" to make it work......and even with "his guys", he was an abysmal failure as expected from DAY ONE.......

#265 reddogblitz

reddogblitz

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,531 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:47 PM

The days that used to work doesn't anymore, why? Because teams know how to stop it, stop the run and make Tyrod be a QB. SMH

Is that how the Fish stopped him in game 16 last year?

This whole every problem with the team is because of the QB is lazy.

Last year the OLine was able to open gaping holes for McCoy and company despite stacked boxes. This year we change the blocking scheme and can't anymore. And this is the QBs fault?

#266 CanadianFan

CanadianFan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:08 AM

Bring Roman back!