so obvious..must have something on our coaching staff

#22 Charles Romes

Charles Romes

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:51 AM

He's the bird in the hand the beats two firsts in the bush.

#23 RalphWilson'sNewWar

RalphWilson'sNewWar

UDFA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:16 AM

Cousins should have been a Bill from the beginning and spent 1-2 seasons behind Fitz.

Ugh.

Stupid Shannohan and drafting 2 QBs in a draft.

#24 ShadyBillsFan

ShadyBillsFan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,127 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:20 AM

I see 2 options.   

Washington DC or SF.  

who the hell mentioned Ducasse  in a Cousins thread?  

#25 Over 29 years of fanhood

Over 29 years of fanhood

Winning the offseason since 2016!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,301 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:13 AM

Meh- he's average. If you think Tyrod is terrible you'll have complaints about him too

#26 Charlottebillsfan2

Charlottebillsfan2

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:24 AM

If the skins opt to not Franchise him at $35 million and he hits FA pay the guy. You put him on this roster with 6 picks in the first three rounds and look out. You put him on this roster this season and the Bills are probably 5-0 heading into the Bye week. Go watch a skins game, compare him to TT and its laughable.

#27 BillsFan2313

BillsFan2313

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:40 AM

If the skins opt to not Franchise him at $35 million and he hits FA pay the guy. You put him on this roster with 6 picks in the first three rounds and look out. You put him on this roster this season and the Bills are probably 5-0 heading into the Bye week. Go watch a skins game, compare him to TT and its laughable.

I don't think the skins can franchise him anymore

Meh- he's average. If you think Tyrod is terrible you'll have complaints about him too

He is above average. I am not sure how much I will complain about 4,000+ yards and 25+tds...

You add cousins to a top 10 D, and a lot of draft ammo to surround him with weapons? Yeah, let's go.  

#28 McBean

McBean

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:40 AM

Would be a pipe dream if Cousins came here.

Immediate contender.

#29 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

Show me the baby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59,398 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:42 AM

I don't think the skins can franchise him anymore

He is above average. I am not sure how much I will complain about 4,000+ yards and 25+tds...

You add cousins to a top 10 D, and a lot of draft ammo to surround him with weapons? Yeah, let's go.  

They absolutely can.

#30 H2o

H2o

2017 - Offseason is the Season of Hope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,414 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:43 AM

No one in the league is going to make him the highest paid player. 

I would love Cousins, but no chance in hell skins are letting him go if he continues to play this well all season. 

Also Dennison will kill Cousins just like he does with every other QB he has worked with 

I believe that there is no way Cousins will re-sign with the Skins as long as Bruce Allen is there. The guy(Allen) is a d*ck, pulled a bunch of childish sh*t trying to drag Cousins name through the mud, and there is no way the Skins slap him with a Franchise Tag next year which will be over $30,000,000. Not happening. Cousins will have a new team in 2018 and my $$$ is on San Francisco. They have the cap room, the coach he loved, and the obvious need at QB. I would like to have him in Buffalo, but I just don't see it happening. 

#31 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

Show me the baby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59,398 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:49 AM

I believe that there is no way Cousins will re-sign with the Skins as long as Bruce Allen is there. The guy(Allen) is a d*ck, pulled a bunch of childish sh*t trying to drag Cousins name through the mud, and there is no way the Skins slap him with a Franchise Tag next year which will be over $30,000,000. Not happening. Cousins will have a new team in 2018 and my $$$ is on San Francisco. They have the cap room, the coach he loved, and the obvious need at QB. I would like to have him in Buffalo, but I just don't see it happening. 

It's the most likely scenario for him in 2018.

#32 BillsFan2313

BillsFan2313

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:01 AM

They absolutely can.

Damn my bad. I don't know why I thought you can only be franchised for 2 years. 

#33 RoyBatty is alive

RoyBatty is alive

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:03 AM

1/3 of the destination are AFC East...what an advantage the PAts have had to have at least 2 of the worst franchises (Jets & Bills) to compete against over the past two decades.

#34 BuffaloHokie13

BuffaloHokie13

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,347 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:03 AM

Damn my bad. I don't know why I thought you can only be franchised for 2 years. 

I think they replaced that with a % hike in pay for consecutive franchise years. So eventually it prices itself out of being an option.

#35 BillsFan2313

BillsFan2313

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:17 AM

I think they replaced that with a % hike in pay for consecutive franchise years. So eventually it prices itself out of being an option.

Thanks for the clarification. Looking at it, Cousins would make around 34 million if franchised again. 

#36 Charlottebillsfan2

Charlottebillsfan2

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:54 AM

It's the most likely scenario for him in 2018.

I'm not convinced it is. Lets say he has 2-3 offers of the same money (teams will make cap room for him). Why would he chose the 49ers over say the Bills or a playoff contender? If the money is the same I'm thinking he would rather win and compete now.

We are arguably one QB away from being 5-0 this season. You load in the draft picks we have and the cap space and all the sudden we look like a pretty good landing spot for a QB like him. 

I believe its been 4 years since he was with Shanahan going on 5 and he was not the starter then. I'd take the under on the 49ers being his landing spot.

#37 ShadyBillsFan

ShadyBillsFan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,127 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:02 AM

He may be average, but he is not tentative passing the ball

#38 HT02

HT02

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:03 AM

No one in the league is going to make him the highest paid player. 

I would love Cousins, but no chance in hell skins are letting him go if he continues to play this well all season. 

Also Dennison will kill Cousins just like he does with every other QB he has worked with 

It will cost the Redskins 35MM to franchise him again next year.  They may not have a choice about letting him walk.   I could see a tag and trade deal though.

#39 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

Show me the baby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59,398 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:06 AM

I'm not convinced it is. Lets say he has 2-3 offers of the same money (teams will make cap room for him). Why would he chose the 49ers over say the Bills or a playoff contender? If the money is the same I'm thinking he would rather win and compete now.

We are arguably one QB away from being 5-0 this season. You load in the draft picks we have and the cap space and all the sudden we look like a pretty good landing spot for a QB like him. 

I believe its been 4 years since he was with Shanahan going on 5 and he was not the starter then. I'd take the under on the 49ers being his landing spot.

Shanahan and Cousins are pretty close and I think that is an important consideration over the highest offer.

#40 BuffaloBaumer

BuffaloBaumer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,282 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:20 AM

Brady to San Fran to walk off into the sunset and Cousins to the Pats, let the suffering continue.