2 replies to this topic

#1 Astrobot

Astrobot

TSW's Draft Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,655 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 09:52 AM

I think we need a Fullback who can produce.
At 6'0" 266lbs, Matt Bernstein (Wisconsin) is this year's best beast.

A bit o' info:
"- Bernstein has great fullback size. He is great lead blocker, and acts like a sledgehammer coming out of the backfield. Bernstein blast linebackers in close quarters on inside running plays, and can block them in space on outside plays. Bernstein is a good short yardage runner, and runs with power."

"- Bernstein is an underrated player. He is a devastating run blocker, who is almost like having a guard lining up in the backfield."

"Bernstein is a hardworking player who has a bright future as a lead blocker."

Audio Interview -- He says "I think of myself as an offensive lineman--heck I almost weigh as much as them"

#2 UConn James

UConn James

I'm a little behind on my paperwork

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,309 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 02:41 PM

I've been pointing this kid out since last season.

With all the onus on 'We need OL!' this kid would be a GREAT pickup if Marv and Dick are truly serious about the running game. Bernstein is a bruiser and will remind you of Sam Gash. If we're looking more toward a rushing FB, there's a kid, Nick Hartigan out of Brown who will do well if he goes to the right situation; Ivy League TD record and I've seen him take big hits and pop right back up; Alstott-type player.

Shelton underwhelmed me last season, and he's... 33? 34? There's a reason he was watching football from his couch two seasons ago.

#3 Astrobot

Astrobot

TSW's Draft Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,655 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:03 PM

Matt Bernstein was recently waived by the Philadelphia Soul of the Arena Football League after a stint in with the Detroit Lions. So much for the Hebrew Hammer!